$149
$144
Red Roof Inn Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
$92
$85
Park View Inn Inc.(Salem)(Great Value!)
$80
$131
$157
$139
Priceline
Residence Inn Marriott(Andover)(Great Value!)
$229
$174
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanfree breakfastquiet areamexican restaurant across the streetfresh waffleseasy access to the highwayone night staybusiness travelernice staycanobie lakenew hampshirebostondrawers
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were traveling with our dog for the first time and decided to give the La Quinta a try because they are pet friendly. The whole area was on edge as the Boston Marathon bombers were being chased and Boston was on lock down. We had a few problems with our first room (strong odor from the Heat/AC unit, the window would not lock and we have a 3 year old, bath tub may not have been cleaned as there was a used soap in shower and the previous occupants trash had not yet been removed) and the staff moved us to a different room and gave us the stay that night for free. The staff were phenomenal. I forgot baby wipes and was asking for some paper towels to use. One of the staff members actually went out to a store nearby and bought us a big box of baby wipes! They were incredibly helpful in every way. The breakfast food was a good continental breakfast and they had waffle makers. Our dog seemed to like the facility and enjoyed staying in the room with us. We will use the hotel again when we travel with our dog. You can't beat the price and you get excellent service.

Room Tip: Check the room before you unpack to make sure it will meet your needs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was centrally located to where I was going as well as a great cost. However, when I went to take a shower, there was a hair left on the wall as well as an opened bar of soap -- leading me to believe that they didn't clean the shower very well. We also saw an ant crawling across the wall behind the bed. I shrugged it off because I understand things happen. We extended our stay by a night because we decided driving eight hours with a three month old during the day would just be bad. That afternoon, we saw a ton more ants crawling around as well as a bigger bug that I could not name. Needless to say, we checked out of the hotel within the hour and decided to just drive home. We weren't offered a comp, a discount price for not staying the night or anything. My family felt so dirty and we couldn't wait to get out of there. The staff is friendly, but that's about the only positive thing I have to say.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Candy F
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel. Its a convenient location for me at a good price. Hotel staff are very friendly and they appreciate your business. Rooms are nice and comfortable.
On a recent stay night manager John provided a high level of customer service to the guest.
Breakfast bar was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Von34
Reviewed March 26, 2013

For the past 5 years I've always checked in to the LaQuinta in Salem, NH. I never had anything bad to say until now. The past 2 times I stayed there you can notice how run down it got. Not sure if new management took over, but it's now disgusting in my book.
My room had a dirty toilet (which I called the front desk and asked them to clean it-went to dinner, came back and it was still dirty), stain on the bed sheets, old torn carpet and a smell of mold. They didnt have any other rooms available. I was so uncomfortable. I had to stay 2 nights, they only comped one. Really? The people staying in the hotel were in their pagamas, standing out in the hallway (which you could smell cigarette smoke and it was very noisy).
Would I stay there again? NO. That is of course unless new management took over the property and fully repair the shack it is now. I took photos but deleted them.
The only good thing I have to say is, the front desk staff was always so nice.

Room Tip: None of the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meshell007
Reviewed March 9, 2013

There is smoke everywhere in this pitiful hotel. We had to change rooms two times and finally had to duct tape the vent closed. First they put us on the nonsmoking half of a smoking floor. You would gag getting off the elevator. Then they put us on the floor below the smoking floor. No improvement. Finally, we were in a room two floors below the smoking floor and we could actually see smoke coming out of the vent in the bathroom. I had to duct tape the vent closed. In order to get this last room I had to plant myself outside reception until they changed us. Was first told that there were actually no rooms left. Then magically rooms appeared. When we were checking out, we overheard another guest complaining that "the poop that was in the toilet when they checked in was still there". Disgusting. Also, lukewarm hot water in the morning shower. Whe you call the hotel, no one ever picks up the phone. After all this the front desk did nothing to address our complaints. One of the worst hotels I've EVER stayed in. They must have their staff filling in the reviews cause this place doesn't deserve anything other than the lowest review. Check out yelp reviews. Much more accurate

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family