“Nothing like getting out of the shower and realizing they forgot to give you any bath towels!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Brick NJ
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Check in was slow and I could tell that something (mosquito? gnat? flea?) was biting my legs really aggressively while I stood in the lobby waiting to get checked in. I ended up with a bunch of itchy welts the next day. My room was on the ground floor and was loud due to a metallic fire door in the corridor nearby. In addition, although it was a no smoking room, someone had definitely been smoking in the bathroom relatively recently as there was a strong odor of smoke there. Luckily it didn't reach into the room itself. Speaking of the bathroom, I didn't realize until I got out of the shower that whoever cleaned the room forgot to leave anything but hand towels and facecloths which made getting dry a challenge. I ended putting my nightdress on my dripping body and calling for real towels, which arrived some minutes later. Otherwise the room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Also they are super pet friendly which was a plus as I was travelling with a kitten I was hoping to get my mum to adopt. Overall you can do a lot worse than this hotel and the price is very competitive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the core of the building. Mine at least was very noisy from the constant opening a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
LA California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

After travelling by train from NYC to Boston we rented a car and made our way to the lakes district in New Hampshire. We wanted to get a couple hours away from Boston and chose Salem, New Hampshire. We are La Quinta members and just needed to stay the night.

We were pleasantly surprised, after the slow check in, at the front desk. The room was huge and it had a great bed. Very comfortable. The only thing was that we were a few minutes late for the breakfast and kind of got what was only left over. (It was our fault.)

It served our purpose just fine, no complaints. It was close to the highway so when we left in the morning we were right back on the road without a hitch.

I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 79
Keene, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When I arrived after a long day at Canobie lake park, I went to check in and was told they had no more rooms with double beds. I had booked with priceline for 2 double beds. They told me they would upgrade me to a suite with a pull out couch. When I got up to the room, the couch was unsleepable. Went back down to the front desk and the front desk clerk told me that I was lucky to get any room because they often double book. She told me that she would take one of the doubles from someone who hadn't checked in yet. When I got to the room, the smell of mold was awful, but since I had complained once already I didn't want to complain again. We all woke up sick the next morning. I asked the front desk clerk to come down to the room. When she arrived I asked her if she would like to spend the night in that room. She told me it was a new carpet smell. They had just put in a new carpet. Maybe that is true, but I am no dummy and I know the smell of mold. They must have put that new carpet over 3 inches of mold. BEWARE!!!!! Room 122. I will never use this hotel again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't even go into the free breakfast buffet that was suppose to be open until 9 am. I got there at 8:30 and there were nothing left but bread and 1 orange. What a joke!!!!

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

2 Thank bearrr11

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Part of our group stays here every year (and other local hotels) for 4-5 days for a local event. Our cowboys have special breakfast needs -- lots of eggs and bananas. The staff here always makes the extra effort -- even opening breakfast at 6:30 on Saturday morning to meet our early need.

Only negative -- it is a popular wedding weekend and those folks can get rowdy -- a bit of noisy night on Saturdays (every year!) So book on a lower floor for more quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2012

we had a pleasant stay. staff was great and helpful. i stayed in a handicap accessable room and it was comfortable. i will stay there again when i am in the area. could have had move tv channels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!