Red Roof Inn Salem
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleancanobie lake parksuperior king roomno elevatorcoffee and teaparking lothousekeeping staffcable tvnew hampshireoff the highwayearly checkdefinitely stay here againlocation is greatwe've stayedfront desk clerkeasy accessdoris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Red Roof Inn in Salem, NH. I made our reservation on-line and couldn't believe how inexpensive it was...$45 for AAA members and $49 for non-members. This of course gave me a bit of hesitation as to what the lodging would look like upon arrival. The room was immaculate! All new carpeting, bedding, window treatments and the bathroom and in-room sink area were all re-done, too. The location couldn't be any better for Canobie Lake Park which is less than a mile away.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Was going to stay here for 1 night with husband and kids (we were going to Canobie Lake Park and this is right there) but after seeing a special on bed bugs I was going to make sure I checked all rooms before settling in. The girl at the front counter was very nice, so no complaints with the staff. And from the outside the motel looked fine. Once inside our "non-smoking room" I instantly noticed a strong smell of stale smoke. I then went over to the beds, lifted the corner of the bedding and saw it......... bed bug droppings. I knew it the minute I saw it! I went back down, cancelled the reservation and we checked into another motel. I didnt want to take my chances with a different room there. I was disappointed too, it was cheap and I was trying to stay on budget. But, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and 13 year old son stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Salem to be close to Canobie Lake Park. The room was not fancy, not a lot of bells and whistles, but it was neat, clean, and at a great price. There were always pleasant and accomodating staff at the front desk. I highly recommend this motel if you are in the Salem area.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

I was not impressed stayed at here for 1 night I was supposed to stay for 2 but decided against it. I couldn't sleep because the room had a horrible animal urine smell. I called the front desk and the person wad rude. TAKE MY ADVICE DON'T STAY HERE.

1  Thank Mommy82899
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights - had the king room, handicapped access w/roll in shower for my husband. Nice, clean room, good sized bathroom that was definitely made for someone with disabilities, not one of those ones where they slapped a few handles here and there on a regular room, and it really was a roll-in shower. Some of those have been falsely advertised at other hotels.

Microwave & fridge came in handy, courteous staff, comfortable bed at a good rate, in a hotel not too far from Boston, and good restaurants close by. What more could you ask?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple