Red Roof Inn Salem
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleancanobie lake parksuperior king roomno elevatorcoffee and teaparking lothousekeeping staffcable tvnew hampshireoff the highwayearly checkdefinitely stay here againlocation is greatwe've stayedfront desk clerkeasy accessdoris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The front desk person Stephanie, a smoking enthusiast herself, does her best to make sure that the no smoking policy is not adhered to by guests by not charging them when they light up in the room. You can usually find her puffing away in the office herself. Stay elsewhere. You will not find a smoke-free room on this property. Sad since they recently renovated.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank secretshopper9999
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

I am sorry your visit wasn't what you planned.I thank you for alerting us about smoking in the room, our housekeeping staff should have noticed it and we would have charged the previous guest $200.00 for the violation, and had the room deep cleaned. I will be more on top of that in the future. I need to ask if you let the front desk staff know there was a problem so that we may have moved your room or re-cleaned your room? I ask this only because we would have corrected this as soon as it was brought to the front desks attention. Thank you and I hope you next visit is more pleasant. I see you live local so please give us another try.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Booked room for weekend trip with my family. We rented a suite which was very spacious and fully equipped with microwave and fridge. The inn was recently renovated so the rooms were very immaculate and the hospitality was excellent. Great value. Thanks Stephanie! :)

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter and have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your review!! Stephanie is great at customer service, born to serve. We did just get renovated and we have added new hi speed WIFi FREE, New HD package for our 37" flat screen TV's. Thanks again and see soon and often.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I vacation in New England each year and except for 2013 (surgery/unable to travel), I've stayed at this Red Roof Inn every year since 2006.

Excellent staff who remember me each year I'm their guest, pleasant and efficient housekeeping employees, as well as clean comfortable rooms, are the reasons I keep returning.

Looking forward to seeing you again later this year!

**PLEASE NOTE: required to fill in the "when did you travel" box. But since the last time I stayed was in 2012, and that year is not shown as an option choice, I just picked a random date in 2013.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sandytravelbug
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. When you visit next time you will notice some great changes in Salem Red Roof Inn. We have been renovated, all new bedding, floors, TV's with an amazing HD package. The FREE WiFi has been upgraded for faster service. I will show the lady's and Chris your comments thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Booked a room here initially because they were pet friendly.

The rooms were clean (except my wife did notice a stain or two on the bedspread) but other than that, we had a nice nights rest there.

We also enjoyed the abundance of Doggy Doo bags located on the property. It's secluded and fenced in enough that we were able to walk our Pup without any worry.

The lobby coffee is good and so is the front desk staff. We'll most likely book again if we're going through Salem.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyranotony
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you very much for your recent review of Red Roof Inn Salem. Glad you enjoyed your stay and also glad you little friend enjoyed as well. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff so that we may better serve you your next stay.
Thanks again

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The inn had a tough winter. At its worst, there was more than ten feet of snow in the parking lot, but they always kept the snow off the walk. There was no danger that we older folks would slip and fall.

When spring game, the grass was neat and the tulips came up. This hotel has the best landscaping of any hotel I can afford.

It's hard to make up every bed exactly right, fluff up the pillows, hang the towels, and line up the soap just so, day after day. When housekeepers look at the flowers and the grass, however, they're reminded that the manager cares a great deal. Working in a pleasant place helps them care, and makes my stay better.

Room Tip: They've all been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill T
szagzoug, Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments about your stay at Red Roof Inn Salem. The recently renovated rooms show the detail we go to satisfy our guests. We listen and act, Salem has just added new desk lamps to all of its rooms for better lighting ( a guest suggestion )We added extra outlets to all the rooms ( another guest suggestion ) The service and quality focus has never been more apparent. We want to be your first choice in lodging ALWAY'S. Thank you once again and I will be sure to show the staff your comments and tell the to keep it up.