“Great Service”
Review of Red Roof Inn Salem

Red Roof Inn Salem
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Since I'm away approx. 130 nights per year the combination of facility and service is important to me. Recently, I've added Red Roof Salem, NH as oneof my regular stops. The facility is always clean and lives up to my expectations. But, the main reason I go back, as frequently as I do, is the staff...especially Doris. She has a way of making me feel important and appreciated even when the facility is full and there are lots of guests that need attention. She is professional and competent and if I have a special request I know that Doris will take care of it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rsdagata
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Salem

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was clean. Free WI-FI in rooms and a safe for which there is a charge.
BUT the towels were like sandpaper and the people at the desk did not know or care to share information about local restuarants. They did send a questionnaire the day after we stayed which I took the time to fill out and they sent a note of apology and told us they would take $20 off our bill for our inconvenience. I just wonder what they would do about the towels?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We just stayed here for the one night and the joint was jumping - full house I think - so we were dubious as to how noisy it was going to be. It wasn't - we didn't hear a thing! Rooms were clean, well appointed and the furniture and soft furnishings were fresh and not at all tired looking. Everyone was friendly and helpful - especially the Housekeeping staff. We were in room 243 and the a/c unit wasn't really working very well and was very old so if you get this room, or in any room for that matter, check the a/c first! The front desk lady who came to look at it said she was going to report it, so hopefully it's been replaced. I do wish that guests would pick up after their dogs though, we travel with ours and it's not difficult to be courteous to other guests and pick up. We were there as we went to The Tupulo music venue, it's only 10 minutes away so very convenient.

Room Tip: We were located in the 2nd block and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SugarbabeVermont
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Salem, NH for business. Clean rooms, cheap prices and great staff. Especially Amy at the front desk, she went out of her way to help me with my business needs and made sure I was Accommodated. This girl needs a raise, best service I've had in a long time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Convenient location, extremely helpful staff, and clean rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lower priced rooms and found them very adequate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I rarely write reviews for hotels for most do not live up to their claims. However there is an amazing staff at this Red Roof Inn, which I could not help rave about. The staff, Steve (GM), Doris (FD), Sam (HK), Amy (FD), Kera (FD), Francis (HK) and Debra (HK), made my stay a memorable one. From well-kept rooms, I had the deluxe of course, to a perfect location where traveling to Portsmouth or Boston is an hour away. The staff deserves a star award for their service and pride in giving the customer stay a bar raised to other to follow. I recommend this red roof as a place of rest and customer service extraordinaire.

Room Tip: Rooms in the second building are the best to have a view from
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jourdan A
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Red Roof Inn properties provide basic lodging at a good price if you know how to book. The Salem property is very convenient - right off Exit 2 of I-93. My requirements are a quiet place where I can do some work at night, relax and get a good nights sleep. These goals were all met. The room is done in standard Red Roof Inn motif - which I'm not crazy about. I really liked their older rooms better. The desk space is a bit thin and the lighting a bit dim - but these are minor things. Room was clean and has been clean during several of my stays. The only down side is that as I get older, I am less tolerant of walking up to a 2nd floor room. Unfortunately, with my late arrivals, that has become more of the rule. There should be a way that I can reserve a 1st floor unit.

Room Tip: If you gotta lot of stuff, stay on the 1st floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!