“A great clean budget choice north of Boston”
Review of Red Roof Inn Salem

Red Roof Inn Salem
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Manchester, England
“A great clean budget choice north of Boston”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Just stayed the one night enroute northern New Hampshire. First time using a Red Roof and I was impressed. Usual American Standard room, but spotless, and with free wifi on site. The check in clerk was lovely and friendly, and the motel is right by the I-93 at junction 2, so convenient yet quiet. A good shower, rooms modern and fresh. Tea/coffee maker in room would be nice, as would a continental breakfast but non existent. However for the price we got a good place to stay at a great prove. Well done Red Roof Salem. Nb. For dinner the 99 restaurant is great and cheap!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Westchester, NY
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was so surprised to find a clean, comfortable, affordable room at such a low price. Food and shopping nearby, the place is 2 minutes from the major highway. Maybe I was lucky, but my room was great. I would definitely stay here again. Wifi too, and front desk printed directions for me, no hassle. Really nice budget hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We used a hotel voucher to check in. Stayed in a queen size room. It was surprisingly clean and organize. Clean restrooms, clean towels, clean sheets. Will definitely stay here again.

Groveland, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2011

staying here you get the basics ...seeing it is an economy inn but if you have an issue dont expect to get it solved unless the wonderful Doris is working! the maager is never around and never seems pleasant when talking to anyone. further more if you must speak to anyone about bigger issues dont expect to get i touch with higher up management esp if you cant get in touch with the manager rae or if that manager doesnt seem to want to compensate in any way. I have seen Doris on many occassions do what she can for a fellow guest and id elect her for a pay raise any day!!

1 Thank cherryberry43
rferriero, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Salem Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Could you please provide more detail on the specific areas you found unsatisfactory? You can e-mail me at i0151@redroof.com. I look forward to hearing from you so that we might resolve this situation.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Rae Ferriero
Salem
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and I checked in on 8/1/11 for only 1 night. We were in town for an even the following morning. During check in, it was quite busy (around 6pm). There were 5 people ahead of me. There was a group of 3 men who were pretty rude and inpatient with the woman at the front desk. She was working alone and had her hands full. She remained friendly and kept her smile the ENTIRE time, while checking in every group, which I cant see many people doing these days. The room was quite affordable, very clean, no smell, beds were comfortable. The location is great! We would definately reccomend The Red Roof Inn to anyone looking to stay in this area. I hope this helps.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2011

we recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Salem, NH and we were very impressed with the comfort, quality and cleanliness of our room. There were 4 adults in our room and the price was right around $50..you can't beat that! I will definately try other locations when I have the chance. This was my first time with this chain and I was impressed.

Great job Red Roof Inn

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 31, 2011

my daughter was to be married we reserved 10 room one in advance the day befor the wedding my daughter went to check inn,but was informed that general manager had canceled the rooms,when i asked why the rooms were canceled no one new and said the manager was gone for the rest of the week.they did give us the rooms but not together as we requested and not at the same price that we were quoted ,i would not reccomend this place to any one ,i complained to red roof via e-mail and got no satisfaction,they made what should have been my daughters happiest day a very stressful day

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
rferriero, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
I was so sorry to hear of your experience at the Red Roof Inn, Salem, NH. I was not familiar with the situation and I would certainly not cancel a group reservation without contacting the participants of the event first. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion, but I never received an e-mail from you either. Please either call me or e-mail me again, so we can discuss what happened. Thank you,

Rae Ferriero
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
Sleep Inn Manchester Airport
#1 of 1 in Londonderry

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!