“Wonderful Italian Food Prepared to Order!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trattoria Amalfi

Trattoria Amalfi
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Italian Food Prepared to Order!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Decided we wanted to have Italian food while shopping in NH. Heard that the food wa good here & decided to try it. Nice booths in little alcove & murals on walls looking like Amalfi Coast. Server was pleasant & was very patient since I didn't know what I wanted. The raviolis are made fresh, sauces are fresh, many selections to choose from, lots of specials. Good & reasonable wines by the glass. Had the smoked mozzarella, ricotta & fresh basil ravioli in an alfredo sauce with artichokes & spinach. Delish! My companion had penne pasta with peas, fresh mushrooms & prosciutto in a alfredo sauce. A lovely selection of desserts & had a homemade tiramisu--very light & friend had a creme brulee that was also homemade with citrus zest that you could taste. Cappucinos ended it (I thought they were a bit pricey). Food was plentiful--portions were large, cooked to order & reasonably priced. Good for family dining as well sinc there were several large tables. Lots of people coming in around dinner time. Location is in a strip mall but it is really a nice place to dine. We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Concord, New Hampshire, United States
“Italian at its finest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stopped here after a doctors appointment. Not familiar with the area at all. The restaurant is in a strip mall type of building. Looks are plain and very deceptive. The inside is wonderfully decorated with beautiful wall paintings. Clean and very nice looking. We had the Calamari app. With marinara. It was not chewy or.rubbery, and the sauce was good.
I had the a spicy shrimp, tomatoe based sauce over noodles. It was great. Spicy and well cooked. Noodle were not muschy, done just right !!
My husband had the meat lasagna. He said it was really good and by the very clean plate that was left behind I Guess he liked it a lot.

• Visited March 2013
Salem, NH
“That's Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Wonderful Italian Food! Great atmosphere. We went to celebrate a birthday and were able to sit in a little "alcove", more private that in the middle that had tables. Wonderful food; pork chops are amazingly good, but this time I had the veal parmesan. Also great. Recommend it to anyone.

• Visited November 2012
Hampstead, New Hampshire
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a small restaraunt hidden in a strip mall plaza. We were very pleasantly surprised at the high quality and reasonable prices! The atmosphere was great! We sat in a little alcove by the bar and it was like we were the only ones in there (which we weren't...it was packed!). The Reisling they served was fantastic and the authentic Italian food was remarkable! We will definitely go back and we recommend it to all of our friends!

Newburyport, MA
“Excellent Food - Busy Restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I went here on a Saturday night to meet friends at 7:00. Unfortunately, none of us made a reservation. The place was packed!! So, to begin I would recommend a reservation if going at "prime dinner time" on a weekend. We put our name in and hung around at the bar (a party of 4 celebrating a birthday). Eventually we had 4 seats at the bar. When we still hadn't cleared the list by about 8:15 we decided to order at the bar and eat there.

We ordered 2 appetizers to share. Fried calamari and fried mozzarella. Both were served quickly and hot. The fried mozzarella was a small portion for splitting 4 ways (2 pieces), but we were fine; they also brought out some fresh bread with butter and we used the sauce that had come with the calamari to dip our bread.

I had chicken piccata, which was very good (I ate about 1/3 of it and brought the rest home). My friends had chicken marsala, chicken parmesan, and seafood fradiavallo. Everyone was quite pleased with their dinners and all brought home leftovers.

Upon learning there was a birthday among us, the staff brought out 3 different desserts (I'm assuming we were charged for these, since we had asked last minute if they had a cake). Excellent! Worth the price of admission! The pumpkin caramel cheesecake was absolutely fantastic. We also shared a tiramasu, and some chocolate mouse-type cake. They brought them all out with lit candles and sang happy birthday which was a nice touch. The bar (and I assume restaurant) had really cleared out by then, so we were able to chat with the bartender who was very nice.

I'd like to return and check out another dish. I would definitely say it's worth giving a try, based on my one experience there so far.

Visited October 2012

Been to Trattoria Amalfi? Share your experiences!