“Great atmosphere, great food, great service”

Black Water Grill Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Great atmosphere, great food, great service”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I came to The Blackwater Grill on a Tuesday night for the first time. The restaurant is done in a casual upscale decor and has a comfortable feel to it. Danielle, our server, was very friendly and made us feel comfortable and welcome as she told us the daily specials. I prdered a baked haddock meal and my wife had the blackened scallops. We also ordered crab cakes and lettuce wraps as an appetizer. The 2 crab cakes were fresh and full of crab meat and served with a delicious black bean salasa and a delicious dill sauce on the side. The lettuce wraps were delicious chunks of chicken and sauted vegetables served with a peanut sauce. The scallop dish was one of the best scallop meals that I have had. Spiced and cooked perfectly were large fresh scallops with a delicious au gratin sauce that wasnt overpowering. They were served with a delicious safron rice and spinach. My haddock was fresh and flakey and served with roasted potatoes and mixed summer vegetables. Danielle was very attentive without being bothersome and made the evening very pleasant. I will put this restaurant on my list of favorites.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank brittdad

Pelham, New Hampshire
“Reasonable for an excellent 10 oz. filet”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A 10 oz. perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon with roasted potatoes and vegetables for $26! What more could one want?

A specialty of the house of Chicken Sautee with pasta and a tomato parmesan sauce $16 was wonderful and more than enough for one person. In fact, I will have 2 more meals from the leftovers.

The bread was warm from the oven and served with an herb butter.

The entree House Salad with a balsamic vinaigrette $2 was large enough for us to share.

Service from Robyn was professional and friendly. Wine list could use some improvement and the deck for outside dining was open though we chose to dine inside in the lounge.

Nice casual dining that offers good food at reasonable prices.

We will add this restaurant to our list of those to visit again.

• Visited May 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Bland Food. Dark Setting”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My steak tips had absolutely zero flavor and were incredibly chewy. The Sweet Potato fries were certainly out of a bag as were the vegetables that were soggy and Luke warm. My date had a chicken dish that wasn't very impressive either.

The room became very dark after 6:30. I don't mind a little ambiance, but, it certainly was a distraction.

• Visited April 2013
Dover, New Hampshire
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for a nice casual place that offers great food then this is the place to go. The food is consistently good and the service is always great. The menu has a nice variety of selections both with the Appetizers and Entrees. I personally enjoy the Mussels and Lobster Ravioli. On certain nights they even have live music which is a nice treat. Overall, there is just a nice feel to the place which makes for a relaxing and fun night.

• Visited January 2013
Salem, New Hampshire
“Excellent Staff and Wonderful Food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I had my wifes surprise birthday party at the Blackwater. I initially chose it for its location but, I must say, everything here was great. I came in early in the day and preordered the food with the fabulous bartender (her name escapes me). The food was unique and tasty and the staff went above and beyond to make sure the party went off without a hitch. I didnt find it that pricey although I only ordered the apps so I cannot comment much on the dinner (though I have a feeling it would be great).

Kudos to everyone at the blackwater for adding a little "gem" to the area. Will definitely be back in the near future.

Steve