“Great food and very good service”

Black Water Grill Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great food as well as the service. Wedge salad with grilled shrimp was excellent. Waitress was friendly and attentive

Reviewed June 28, 2012

One of my sales offices is close by so I stopped in to have lunch. The steak salad was good and plenty of food. The only problem I have is it took FOREVER to get anything. Ordering the food, refilling your drink, getting your food, getting the check...everything seemed to take a long time while we watched the waitress and hostess chat with the people at the bar.
So stop in and try the place if you have 2 hrs for lunch...

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Recently had my baby shower here and I was very pleased. When I found this place online I was unimpressed with the photos of the function space available downstairs but decided to go and check it out anyway. I was pleasantly surprised with the room. It is in no way glamorous but I was very happy overall. The booking was a no stress, easy experience (just how I like it). I dealt with Tiffany and she was more than flexible and accommodating. Come the day of the shower I came in about half hour early and everything was ready to go for me. I set up my favors and centerpieces and the room was even more appealing, it just kept getting better and better, it ended up being exactly what I was looking for even though I didn't totally visualize it before. I liked the elegant touch of the linens all around, it gave the room such great ambiance. We used the smaller area for tables and eating and the larger area had the buffet, dessert table and gift table. I loved how everything was set-up. Tiffany was there for everything and was even our bartender! Everything ran very smoothly. The food was an over the top hit. Everyone raved. The berry salad was more than I Imagined as were the sandwiches. The chicken saute was so yummy. The food definitely exceeded my expectations and everything that was left (including appetizers) were nicely packaged and sent home with me. I can't say enough good about this place. And I felt like the prices were MORE than reasonable. The whole experience was worth more! I even had lunch here prior to the event and LOVED my lunch too!! I definitely recommend eating here and keeping them in mind for your event. My shower turned out to be a sweet, memorable event that my guests and myself really enjoyed! The entire experience exceeded my expectations (which are always high). Thank you to Tiffany and the staff at Black Water Grill!!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is the place I take my Clients to. They do a really nice job of making you feel at home. Management visits the table, servers are professional, food come quickly. value is very good.
I cant say I have had anything truely memorable but I have never had a bad dish or even a mildly disappointing on.

Highly recommend them!!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Went on a Saturday night for a special occasion. Atmosphere was enjoyable, a little old style decor but clean. Server was very attentive and friendly. We had 6 in our party so we ordered all,over the menu. Two of us ordered the lobster ravioli, they were good, not the best, not the worst I've ever had. They weren't as hot as I would have like but they were fine. We also had the rosemary lamb chops which were very good, nice and tender and plentiful, but pricey at $30. Two more of us ordered the sword with dirty rice and loved it, plenty of shrimp and just plain delicious. Last but not least we also had the grilled sirloin with gorgonzola Cream sauce and enjoyed that very much. We started our meal with their delicious bread and herb butter, it was excellent. We washed the bread down with nice wine choices and also ordered salads. A few ordered the caesar salad, some ordered the house and one of us ordered the peach and gorgonzola nut salad all were great but the peach salad was certainly not worth $11. We paid an upgrade for the peach and the caesar as our meals came with salad. All in all we enjoyed our meal but didn't feel as though it was worth the money. It was a step above an average restaurant but not upscale enough to be that expensive.