“Work in progress”

Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
New Jersey
“Work in progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The lobby is recently renovated and is very nice. The rooms are clean but outdated, walls are thin. I could hear my neighbor talking on the phone. If I had the heat/fan on I may not have heard that conversation. Staff was very friendly. The girl that checked my in stated that they are continuing with renovations so hopefully they will get to all the guest rooms soon. Very convenient location, right off the highway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly as we are committed to offering exceptional service for our guests. We are constantly trying to update and modernize the hotel as displayed with our newly renovated lobby and Sunrise Cafe. There are plans in place to renovate the guestrooms in the very near future as well which we are excited about. I hope you will continue staying with us should your travels bring you back to the Salem, NH area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Francisco Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff was very friendly and most were quite helpful. Elevator seems dated and carpet was a bit tattered.

Rooms are spacious & surface-clean but have marks on the walls. The caulking between the room's walls & ceiling was cracked & flaking--very ratty-looking. No power outlets near the bed, so forget charging your phone while you sleep. Hotels really should move into the 21st century on this.

Solid walls; didn't hear anything from neighboring rooms. When on, heater/air conditioner wall unit blows very loudly, even on low, but it works very well, and heats the room up quickly. Bed was super comfortable.

Bathroom has a terribly noisy fan that did absolutely nothing to reduce the steam; it was just unnecessary noise pollution. A light switch independent of the worthless fan would be a smarter solution. Shower water pressure was acceptable, and the temperature remained consistent. Towel rack was very rusty...gross. Soft toilet paper, though (yay!).

Free open-air parking lot.

Free WiFi was consistent and speedy.

Hotel has a bar & restaurant on site, though we didn't get to either.

In the end, I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly as we take a lot of pride in offering exceptional service. We are constantly trying to improve and update the hotel as revealed with our newly renovated lobby and Sunrise Cafe, so thank you for your suggestions as we will certainly use them when making decisions in the near future. We hope you will consider us during your next visit to the Salem, NH area!
Arlington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed here while in the area for a wedding. The rooms were fine and having Margaritas downstairs was a big plus! We did not have any problems at all in either of the two rooms we rented. The mattresses were comfortable, rooms clean and staff friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhodymom2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. On behalf of our staff, thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I hope you will consider us during your next trip to the Salem, NH area!
Bourne, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We walked into a beautiful new lobby and were met by the most friendly staff. Our stay was awesome. Clean room, comfortable bed and pillows. Perfect. We also visited a few great local restaurants while in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GDitty77
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be clean and the staff to be friendly. We are also thrilled with the newly renovated lobby and Sunrise Cafe. I hope you will consider us during your next visit to the Salem, NH area!
Methuen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have not once been let down by the hotel itself or the professional staff. The rooms in this place are always clean, The cafe staff is incredible and the front desk employees are very attentive. In addition to this they have recently renovated their lobby and cafe and it was absolutely beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone in that area looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Uthinkucando
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor and for your kind words about the hotel and our staff. I'm pleased to hear that you like the newly renovated lobby and restaurant. I hope you will come back to visit in the near future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

So this hotel wasn't bad.... It's just that it wasn't good. We got a suite and there where only 3 towels in the bathroom. So I went to the front desk to get an extra towel, and the lady there wasn't very friendly. She didn't even make an effort. She was like, "There's supposed to be 5 towels there.. There were 3. While this review may seem picky it's accurate. However, the Holiday Inn is SO much better than the La Quinta.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear MaximusYork,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We regret to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Me and my family booked a getaway so my young kids could enjoy the pool. Our first night we had an awful experince with the drunk couple in the room on the side of ours they were fighting, swearing slamming doors at 2 am continuing until 4:30 am. The next morning I explained the night to Kathy she switched our room and gave us a suite upgrade. After the switch the rest of the getaway was awesome, the staff from the maintenance, house keeping, cafe employees, front desk and Jeff the Manager were understand and sympathetic to our situation they were very professional. I look foward to our summer getaway in a few months.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry that you experienced issues with the guests near you as I can understand how frustrating that must have been for you and your family. With that being said, we appreciate you bringing the situation to our attention so that we could move you to a more comfortable and quiet room. I hope you will consider us during your next visit to the Salem, NH area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)? Share your experiences!