“Unhappy to extremely pleased”

Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Me and my family booked a getaway so my young kids could enjoy the pool. Our first night we had an awful experince with the drunk couple in the room on the side of ours they were fighting, swearing slamming doors at 2 am continuing until 4:30 am. The next morning I explained the night to Kathy she switched our room and gave us a suite upgrade. After the switch the rest of the getaway was awesome, the staff from the maintenance, house keeping, cafe employees, front desk and Jeff the Manager were understand and sympathetic to our situation they were very professional. I look foward to our summer getaway in a few months.

• Stayed: February 2014
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry that you experienced issues with the guests near you as I can understand how frustrating that must have been for you and your family. With that being said, we appreciate you bringing the situation to our attention so that we could move you to a more comfortable and quiet room. I hope you will consider us during your next visit to the Salem, NH area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

An expensive hotel with no included amenities. First night I they moved my neighbors to an executive suite because they checked in about 10:30 at night and were quite loud. Second night they moved me to an executive suite because neighbors checked in about 1:30 in the morning and were very loud. Expensive hotel, but didn't even come with fridge, microwave, etc., in the rooms. No complimentary breakfast. I've stayed at less expensive hotels in the area that are much nicer and include amenities. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Request no neighbors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Harmony B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stay at many hotels on a weekly basis. I must say that our family experience was nothing less than over the top. The General Manager Jeff Lang was always available and ready to assist and to ensure each and every families good and comfortable stay. April at the front desk was an employee every business owner wants - Friendly, happy, great with kids. She was a true appreciator and for that I am grateful. She was patient with the kids, and was ready to assist us in everything and anything we needed. Its nice to know there are hotels such as this that our concerned with a family leaving happy, vs always focusing on the bottom line............. They exemplified that if you take care of your customers, the customers will take care of your business. To GM - Jeff and April at the front desk - Thanks for the weekend. Know you made a difference and will not hesistate to stay again and recommend you to family and friends..............

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We take a lot of pride in offering our guests tremendous service and our front office manager April is certainly one who exemplifies that commitment everyday. We are confident that with our new lobby and restaurant along with the type of service that April extended to you will allow even more families like yours to have a great experience in the future. Perhaps our Canobie Lake package might be of interest to you as Canobie is only a few minutes away. I hope you will have an an opportunity to return this summer!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went their with my children and we had fun. Even though the hotel is under construction, it is a lovely hotel. The indoor heated pool was great, especially the hot tub. We went to Chucky Cheese which was just about ten minutes away. Salem is a beautiful place, we had fun. Robyn our waitress is the best ever, we love her, also Billy the chef, always smiling and Tim from the Margarita Restaurant was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind words about the mentioned members of our staff and agree that we are lucky to have them as part of our team. Thank you for your patience during the construction phase and we hope you will have an opportunity to return to see the new lobby and restaurant, which look fantastic, in the near future.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

What a great hotel!
From the from desk, to the breakfast food and service, and all the way up to the manager.
Friendly, polite, caring, helpful and extremely attentive!
Can you imaging looking out of the window at 5am during a snow storm, and seeing the manager helping to clear snow. Unheard of!
In the middle of a major renovation the entire staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and well looked after.
Well done and a huge thank you to the entire Holiday Inn "gang".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank peter s

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your commitment to us during the construction phase of the new lobby and restaurant and for your patience as we so eagerly waited for the renovations to conclude. We hope you are are excited as we are with the improvements. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and if you have any suggestions to help us further improve the hotel, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend. We travel a few times a year for hockey with our entire team and this hotel was, by far, the most accommodating. Because of that we plan to go back for our next tournament. There are many hotels in that area from which to choose but the fact that their staff were so accommodating to the parents and children makes this one the one we will go back to. One big thing they did was provide a room for the children to play knee hockey in, which if you are a hockey family, you know that the kids like to do that almost as much as they like to play on real ice! Great experience and great staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Collecting thoughtful feedback such as yours helps us to continuously improve the hotel which benefits future guests. We understand the specific needs of hockey families so that's why we strive to offer a fun environment for the kids that is separate from other guests in the hotel so I'm glad the kids enjoyed the floor hockey room. I hope you will consider us next time you visit the Salem ICenter hockey arena for a tournament. Good luck this season.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my mother, daughter and nephew last weekend. The hotel is undergoing a large renovation but with their adequate signage and superior staff service we did not feel inconvenienced at all. We stayed in a suite with two beds, which was more than enough space for the four of us. The kids loved the Jacuzzi tub and the fireplace. My mother & I enjoyed the comfortable beds and kitchenette. Both mornings we had breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe. The buffet was adequately stocked and kept fresh on Sunday, the a la carte menu on Monday was delicious. Margaritas was an amazing choice for dinner. I had heard great reviews and they did not let me down. Of course we visited the pool multiple times, although it is a bit small, it was clean & warm, which is all I ask for. Overall, amazing stay. We will definitely be back in the spring.

Room Tip: We loved the 2 bed suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay and hope you will have an opportunity to return in the near future to see the finished product once the renovation is concluded. The newly renovated lobby and Sunrise Cafe that will be finished by the end of the year will leave the hotel will a fresh and modernized look that is sure to enhance the overall physical perception of the hotel. We hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill

Been to Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)? Share your experiences!