“Super staff, sweet suite.”

Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Bourne, Massachusetts
“Super staff, sweet suite.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful. Awesome warm cookies at the check in counter. Close to everything in Salem and a nice Mexican restaurant/bar in the building. Our suite was huge, clean and well equipped. It is the perfect place to stay if you are looking for a nice hotel and reasonable rates. I'd go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor as it provides future travelers with a firsthand account of our hotel. We strive to offer all of our guests an exceptional experience here at the Holiday Inn and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to alert our staff of your review as I know how delighted they will be to learn of your positive feedback. Thank you for your loyalty and we hope you will choose us again during your next visit to Salem, NH.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I frequent Salem on business trips and I always stay at the Holiday Inn. The staff is always warm and friendly. The rooms are immaculate! One of the best perks is the hotel being connected to the restaurant Margaritas. It's nice to have dinner and drinks and just walk up to your room when done. I will always stay at the Holiday Inn when I travel to Salem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Salem, NH and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Salem. We are committed to offering our guests a great experience so I'm pleased to hear that you find this to be the case. If you have any suggestions that would help to improve your experience when visiting the Holiday Inn, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued loyalty and your positive feedback about our hotel. See you soon!
Scituate, Mass
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. Overall we had a good experience as we thought the room and hotel were clean. We had a good dinner at the attached restaurant Margaeritas. There was a hockey tourney in town so there was a bunch of kids running around but overall they were well behaved. I saw an adult in his mid forties who was walking around with a beer and a member of the hotel staff took it away from him rather rudely. I have been in alot of hotels in my life and never have I been in one where an adult couldn't walk around with a beer. The guy didn't appear to be to happy.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to offer future travelers a first hand account of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Salem. I am pleased to hear that you found the room and the hotel facilities clean and to your liking. I'm also happy that you had a positive experience in Margaritas which is located inside our hotel. Although we do not permit guests from walking around our hotel with an open beer, I am disappointed to hear that the individual taking the beer did not handle the situation more professionally and politely. This has been addressed with our employees and should this situation present itself again, we are committed to handling the situation properly next time.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here (in one of the suites) while home for the holidays. Most of the staff were very nice and helpful, however, a couple were a bit abrasive and, a one was down right rude (they had an 'I couldn't be bothered' attitude- Maybe it was because she was working around the holidays, maybe she just comes across as not caring, but I was not impressed with her). Margarita's staff was very nice (we had food from there one evening) and the food was good, although I find it to be overpriced for what we received. The breakfast (room service, ordered once) was so-so. The suite was pretty nice (the sofa was a bit old and sunken, but it was good other than that), but not cleaned well. There were crumbs everywhere, and there was an old sub sandwich wrapper in the top of the kitchenette cabinet (as well as some other issues). The suit was spacious, and pretty comfortable. The bed was alright, and there is ample parking. The location is incredibly convenient. Overall, the place isn't great, but our stay wasn't bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hi Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is extremely helpful and we will continue to look for ways to improve the experience for all that stay here. Offering our guests excellent service is something that is expected from every individual at our hotel. It is not acceptable to having the majority of our employees committed to excellent service yet have a couple display a lack of caring. If you could please take a few minutes to contact me directly(Jeff Lang, GM) at 603-893-5511 so that we can discuss the "I couldn't be bothered" behavior I would greatly appreciate it. This would give us an opportunity to address this behavior but more importantly make sure that this never happens again as it is unaccepable. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you!
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My two-night stay included a room was on the "Executive Level" on the ground floor. It was nice in that there is a back door very accessable to the lower level. The room was clean, but the shower was awful! The walk-in shower curtain was too short causing a large amount of water on the bathroom floor even though I angled the showerhead away from the center of the shower. In addition, although I had the shower control as far as it would go for hot water, it was barely warm enough. Needless to say, I did not linger in the shower! I phoned the desk and they indicated that they would look into it. I believe they have the thermostat set TOO low! Also, the window heater/air was not functioning properly. When the room was warm enough, I turned it off. Although it was in the off position, it would turn on automatically blowing cold air! It would stay on for about 15 seconds and turn off again. It would repeat this every few minutes. After I phoned the desk again, I eventually unplugged it as it was very noisy. Fortunately, there was an extra blanket in the closet. Breakfast was good. Thank goodness there was something positive!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Laura W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you liked our breakfast. On the other hand, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the shower and heater during your stay. Kindly be assured that all your comments will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in Fall 2012. The check-in was efficient, the bed was comfortable enough. The staff is really nice and kind, willing to help with anything you need. Cannot fault them on the service front. Avoid the attached restaurant, it's pretty bad.

My main impression of this hotel is that it is in need of an update. The carpets, furnishings etc. are a little dingy and old, as is the lobby area. Everything is rather worn-looking. In general I would not mind this but the price we paid was rather steep for the quality of the accommodation. We were there in high tourist season but I have stayed at better hotels for less money. There is not a lot of selection for accommodation in the area, this may still be your best bet, to be honest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us for your friends wedding. Weddings are great fun and in the Fall in NH it makes the wedding even more beautiful. Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. I am glad the staff was friendly and helpful. We want each guest to feel great about their stay and I am glad we were able to deliver on that service. We are hoping to update the property in the near future and would love to have you return again.

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Salem

Molly Mulholland
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We were recently in Salem for an event at Rockingham Park Racetrack. I booked the room on Travelocity & got a great deal. I chose this hotel because they do not allow smoking in rooms or pets. As someone with allergies & asthma these were important to me. Room was clean & staff was very nice. I will be staying there again in the future

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We work hard to make the hotel the best it can be for all of our guests. We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Salem and hope you will return soon.

Regards

Molly Mulholland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA

Been to Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)? Share your experiences!