“Won't stay here again”

Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Room key did not work so I had to go back to the front desk to find out the trick. Finally got into the room and the TV did not work. Called front desk and there is a trick for that to. Got up and went to grab the shampoo, nope, no shampoo, only one bottle of lotion. Tub clogged and water would not drain and shower tiles gross.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Hello

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay. Your feedback is important to help us improve the hotel and all that we offer. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your stay My management staff and I look at the information in the review to help us improve the hotel for all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

This hotel has some of the best staff I have ever encountered. Not only is the property clean, well-kept and convenient, the rate was extremely fair for this type of quality hotel. The staff is well trained and courteous and I honestly believe other hotels could learn something from the way this one is run. TOP NOTCH!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DCalkins
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Salem. It's great to see you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

HVAC unit in room was far too noisy and would not turn off, even when switched to off. I ended up unplugging the unit and spent a freezing night in my room. To the hotel's credit, some steps were made to amend this. Otherwise, not a bad stay. 6/10

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Salem. Your feedback is very important to us. We want every room to be comfortable for our guests. We offer options to the best of our ability when something doesn't work correctly. I am sorry for the heating issue that you experienced. If you ae in the area again please choose the Holiday Inn Salem so we can make it right for you.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

This place was awful. I believe they offer deals to childrens' hockey leagues which play in the area. The "children" were disrespectful animals who openly played football and hockey in the hall at 11:00PM. We got off the elevator at 10:30PM and there was a guy sitting on a chair in the hallway with a styrofoam cooler drinking beer. (Surrounded by empties.) There were children sitting with him. Parents are definitely to blame, however, we made four complaints over the two miserable days we were at this "hotel." The managemnt caters to the hockey moms and dads so they lack the courage to throw them out. In two days you will be lucky to get twenty minutes of sleep.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonnyQ
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback so we can create a better guest experience for our guests. As we are notified of an issue we do our best to resolve the concern. Thank you again for staying at the hotel and for your review.

Regards,

Molly Muilholland

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We had had a family event in the area and booked our rooms at the Holiday Inn. Check-in was easy, they were able to accommodate us and check us in early. The front desk staff was pleasant, professional and accomodating.
We got to our room, we booked one with double beds. The room was clean, and updated. It was not worn looking in any way.We have been spoiled by other chains with having a refrigerator, and microwave in our rooms, this only had a one cup coffee maker.
The heating unit worked well, atho the fan was not adjustable, and very strongly blew the air at the bed on the outside wall. It was not a comfortable sleeping experience and we ended up turning the heat off. The hotel is just off I-93 and we could hear the big trucks traveling the interstate at nite. Otherwise it was fairly quiet.The beds were comfortable, as were the pillows.We overall got a good nite's sleep.

There is a Margarita's Restaurant in the hotel, which was convient for lunch and dinner as long as you like Mexican food. ( Which we do.)
Breakfast was not complementary, however there was a breakfast cafe in the hotel, the food was average and a bit on the pricey side. Toast was 2.50.
Check out was a breeze.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Gardnbug
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Hello Gardnbug,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review the hotel. We are a full service hotel offering two restaurants as you stated. Your feedback is great to share with our staff so we can make all guests happy and willing to return. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2011

So I'm here for a family function and this joke of a place to stay is managing to get worse. So my wife was confronted by a hotel employee that our air conditioner needs to be turned off because it's upsetting the workers outside. But were on the fifth floor. Not only are they doing major repairs on the hotel while we are here but doing them right outside the window to our room. It's not fun spending money on a hotel and trying to take a rest when workers are on a scaffold outside your window. Plus, since we are on the fifth floor it's not fun listening to whoever is on the scaffold yell down to his coworkers below or having to listen to his radio or phone ringtone outside your window. Fine if it was just once but this is going on for over 4 hours. Furthermore, the truck for the electronic scaffolding is pretty damn noisy outside a window even from the fifth floor. They even worked on our window while we had the room. In addition, there are holes in the curtin almost like from some type of ash. On the headboard there are white stains from who knows when (yep this is disgusting). Again we are here for a family function and are trying to rest for an evening function. My question to this joke of a place is why give us this room? Now if your saying why not call the front desk we did. We were told they are almost done outside. Well they sure weren't. The money had already been spent on the room and we are staying at the hotel with other family members. We spoke to another couple who are having problems of their own with the room they were given. The rest is for them to say if they want.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Reviweforus
Reviewed October 1, 2011

On arrival, I asked for a quiet room on the top floor. I was told there were no rooms on the top floor but they had allocated me a quiet room on the third floor. The room was directly opposite the elevators. I wasted still more time and finally got a room on the top floor AWAY from noise. What was so difficult? Obviously, this hotel revels in difficult!

The room smelled wet permanently and the air conditioner had one speed only. Many of the channels on the TV do not work and don’t try and sleep when your neighbors use the bathroom. The bathroom fan sounds like a Sopwith Camel starting up and the neighbors water sounds like a tsanumi bearing down on the room.

When the bill was slipped under the door, I had been charged full price and not the discounted price negotiated by my customer – which was confirmed on check in! More time wasted getting this corrected.

All in all this is a badly run, old and poorly maintained hotel. Stay elsewhere. I shall not be back.

Room Tip: On arrival, I asked for a quiet room on the top floor. I was told there were no rooms on the top flo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
salemmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Salem. Our goal is to make everyone feel comfortable and at home during their stay. Your comments help us improve our service and quality of the hotel. We will make changes in our front desk procedures so we can satisfy special requests. Thank you again for staying. I hope you will give us another opportunity.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover

Been to Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)? Share your experiences!