Jocelyn's Mediterranean Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #13 of 109 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Jocelyn’s Mediterranean Restaurant & Lounge was opened in May of 2009. It is a 150 seat family owned Mediterranean Restaurant serving both Lebanese and American dishes, while also offering an impressive full service bar & lounge. Our swanky Martini Lounge is one of a kind in the area, becoming the talk of the town. Jocelyn’s presents an array of vodkas, a wide selection of the finest liquors and cordials, wine and beer, and a martini list with over 50 kinds to choose from. Smooth drinks and satisfying appetizers fill the oh so happy hours after work and sexy sounds provide a melodic backdrop for a martini evening on the town!
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food here was very good. We had the prix fixe, which is Tues-Thurs and $40 dinner for two. It came with appetizer, salad, entree, and either wine or dessert. I had beef shwarma and caesar salad, companion had lamb skewers and garden salad. We shared baba ganoush and had lemon mist cake for dessert. It was all good, the baba ganoush used smoked eggplant and was good and very large serviing. The pita bread wasn't very good, it wasn't warm, was thin, and tasteless. The salad was basic, just shredded lettuce, croutons and a very heavy caesar dressing. My companion liked her Lebanese dressing. The meats were very good, very tender, with some cooked tomato, green pepper, and onion, with a delicious flavor. The rice pilaf was plentiful, but nothing out of the ordinary. The lemon mist cake was delicious, but they do not make it themselves. Overall, the food was good, the restaurant itself isn't very decorative.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food here is fantastic. And quality. We almost went to a Texas Road house until we found this place. Which would have been a shame. Jocyelyns doesn’t look flashy from the outside – you almost miss it driving by, but the food is phenomenal. All the food tastes fresh and the meats have a really nice char grilled taste, and are always tender. the Falafels are the best I’ve had and the hummus is excellent. Every time we drive through Salem we plan our trip to stop here.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have never had a bad meal at Jocelyn's, The waitstaff are very attentive. Their prices are excellent and you always either leave full or take home the rest because their servings are HUGE!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have generally had good dining experiences at Jocelyn's. We have dined there four or five times since The Phoenician left. The family offers the traditional Lebanese dishes, but with a different mix of spices than many other Mediterranean/Lebanese restaurants in the area. The chef at Jocelyn's favors allspice and cinnamon. The results are very tasty and different.

On our last visit for lunch, a new server waited on us, a young lady who was quite conscientious and attentive. She had not yet mastered the skill of multitasking in one sweep of the dining room, nor did she know the Syrian/Lebanese names of the entrees, and she did not know what a Harpoon IPA was. She also had to be reminded to bring the salad. But she was an eager learner, and thanked us at the end of the meal for putting up with her. We tipped her well and hope she catches on.

The fasoulya (lima beans, lamb, and rice) I ordered was quite flavorful and filling, but was a little short of lamb--only two small chunks. My companion ordered the stuffed cabbage lunch. The rolled cabbage leaves were excellent. One drawback--if you like the traditional lamb/rice stuffing, you cannot get it here. Jocelyn's uses only ground beef. The fries were light and not oily. The total for both meals, which included an extra salad, was only about $30.

The landlord does not take good care of this building. Many of the bricks on the entryway façade and on the steps need to be re-pointed. I noticed a large water damage stain on the ceiling in the entryway, just by the cash register. And there is a sign in the ladies room, which was there on our last visit as well, admonishing patrons not to flush TP down the toilet due to plumbing problems. If the restaurant proprietors are paying good rent for this place, the landlord needs to fix these problems.

6  Thank StarWeez
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Jocelyn's is unassuming from the outside, it kind of blends with other buildings on the Broadway "strip". We tried it once for lack of ethnic food in the area and were pleasantly surprised at how tasty the food was! It has now become one of our favorite dinner establishments, and a fun place to meet girlfriends for drinks and appetizers. It's a great family-run restaurant. Jocelyn or her Dad will always check in and see how you liked your meal. They have a huge drink selection, and a separate bar area. There was a great singer that we could hear from the restaurant, and after our meals decided to check him out. Live music can be fun. I ordered the mediterranean chicken and had enough for my meal and for both my husband and I to have lunch the next day! You won't leave hungry. The kibbe balls are my favorite. My only complaint is that I prefer my grape leaves cold, and they serve theirs warm. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing place to unwind, Jocelyn's is a surefire winner!

1  Thank sandsunandsea77