“A hidden gem”
Review of Canobie Lake Park

Canobie Lake Park
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire has over 85 Rides, Games, Live Entertainment and Attractions, including our wild roller coaster, UNTAMED!
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our disabled son is in love with the rides at Disney, but being up here in New England, it's not a little trip to Orlando. For his recent birthday, we decided to try Canobie Lake Park. I hadn' been there in over 10 years. We fell in love once again with the place - free parking, hardly any crowds (late October), 2 hour drive from home and did I mention less than $100. for the three of us, compared to close to $500. for a day at Disney. Granted the experience is different, but my son's face had the same smile and we couldn't stop grinning ourselves the whole time there.
ps: Don't wimp out on the "extreme frisbee" even a 66 year old like myself could handle it.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"food options"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had a very negative experience going to Canobie Lake Park this past weekend. I went with my girlfriend and it was our 4th year going during Screamfest, which is generally well done.

We waited in line for the pirate ship ride and we were the last people admitted. The ship was full and we were unable to find a seat together. Rather than just letting us go on the next ride, the attendant told us to either split up or go to the back of the line. This is an unacceptable to me and I went directly to customer service to complain. The ride manager came over to speak to me and basically told me his employee was in the right. I wasn't looking for a refund or anything from this guy, just an apology for what I and I'm sure any reasonable person would consider an unacceptable customer experience. He refused and blew off my complaint. Poor policy and even worse customer service.

Anyway, Canobie Lake Park has lost a repeat customer and I urge anyone planning to attend to reconsider.

1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We usually come here once a year since it is only 20 min away. It is a great family park with rides for the young & old. We enjoyed the German bratwurst & music from AC/DC along with a guy playing German music on an accordion. Lines are long for Screemfest. (haunted houses/rides) The teenagers we had with us loved The Village.
They also still have most of their regular rides open. We enjoyed the Untamed rollercoaster.

We always have fun at Canobie & they are reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I bought a necklace at scremfest and LOVED IT! The haunted houses served as obstacle courses for my firends and I, and I would and will go again!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been to Canobie several times over the past decade, but never for a Halloween event. I finally went for 2013 and got to experience four of the five haunted trails, and got to ride each coaster once. I also went on quite a few other rides, and had a blast! The park however was very busy, it was the Sunday of Columbus day weekend. Most of the lines were long and Untamed and Cannonball had full ques towards the night time hours.

I really enjoy Canobie, especially at night, all the lights on the rides look great! The food was just okay though, and we had a turkey leg and it was huge but very chewy and didn't seem cooked properly, it was not tender at all!

The haunts were okay, but not really scary. The only one I'd wait in line for again (and all the lines were huge! over 30 mins guaranteed) was the Clown one, Merriment Entertainment or something to that effect. That one has several awesome elements all put together. The other ones were not really scary at all. The Virus one in the dancehall was really mild, as was the maze by the flume, just not scary.