“Horriable”

The Rosewood Inn at Rye
Ranked #1 of 3 Rye B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The worst place to stay. Rooms a disgusting, found trash under the bed. Rugs are gross. The owner only cares about the money. She is very rude. When I got there and went in the office to pay it seemed like the owner was drunk. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MinnieMouse196052

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were traveling with three other couples for our first visit to New Hampshire and Maine in 9/2011. We just had one night at the Rosewood Inn but it was very comfortable, clean and welcoming! The owner was very friendly and answered all of
our questions on what to see and where to eat for our short stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The rooms were dirty. There was visible dirt on the walls and an inch thick layer of dust, hair and who knows what else on the wood trim by the beds. I always check the mattresses when I travel for fear of bedbugs, and when I checked these, I almost gagged! They are in dire need of replacing the mattresses! They were sagging, stained and yellowed. It was definately one of the worst nights sleep we have ever had. The motel itself has a "sleezy" kind of feel to it. I think maybe some of the rooms are rented long term? Not sure, but I felt uneasy staying there and was happy to check out the next day. The only good thing was that it is very close to the bike park, which was the purpose of our visit, besides the Kittery Outlets. I have to say it could be a very nice place if they would CLEAN and update mattresses and broken furniture. The clock was cracked and the wood furniture all chipped. The place did have a bad odor..oh yeah, the toilet kept clogging everytime it was used. (should have know when I saw the plunger). I wish I could say more good about the place, but I can't think of anything.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank marlakity
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed there one night. The woman booking the reservation was helpful. The room was clean but had an odor. Just smelly/stale. It was even on my clothes when I left. I would have gone somewhere else had I not arrived at midnight after a long drive.

Room Tip: skip it. not worth the deal.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Mike B
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here recently, it was clean and very affordable. If you are spending time in the Seacoast NH and just need a place to sleep, this is perfect. Park your car right outside of your room is so nice and easy.

No extras here, but as I said, if you just are looking for a place to lay your head at the end of the day and don't want to break the bank, this is a great spot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This motel is nothing special yes it's all a bit tired but it was clean. If all you need is somewhere to rest your head this will do just fine. For a romantic break or somewhere special it really doesn't cut it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
SamanthaBW, Front Office Manager at The Rosewood Inn at Rye, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you for staying with us this summer and we're happy that you provided us with important feedback about our property! We will be undergoing renovations on all the room this wintertime and hope that it will not only inspire weary travellers to stay with us, but those looking for a quiet, romantic getaway as well.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Friendly staff, spacious rooms. Only thing that I would like to change is a blackout curtains

Room Tip: All rooms pretty much look like they are the same I think
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
SamanthaBW, Front Office Manager at The Rosewood Inn at Rye, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for your feedback! Your suggestion of blackout curtains is one I will certainly pass along to the owner, Pat Larson, as we will be undergoing renovations this coming winter and upgrading all othe rooms. We hope you'll come back and have another enjoyable stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern
Wrens Nest Village Inn
Wrens Nest Village Inn
#3 of 3 in Portsmouth
Best Western Plus The Inn At Hampton

Been to The Rosewood Inn at Rye? Share your experiences!