“Best lobster roll!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Orchard Park, New York
“Best lobster roll!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Neat place off the side of the road. Stopped for lunch and ordered the lobster roll as advertised. It was wonderful. Chunks of lobster, sweet & butter; not much mayo which I liked, on a buttery roll. I could have had two. The only draw back was that it was $17.99 for a hamburger sized roll, rather than a hoagie sized roll which you normally get. I savoured every bit, well worth it.

Visited August 2013

Lowell, Massachusetts
“Terrible fried clams”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went out of my way to get there because of the great reviews. Ordered a small side of clams from the take out window. The wait wasn't long and I was so surprised to see how generous the small order was. Got in the car and drove off to find a good spot with an ocean view to enjoy my clams.

So disappointed. The clams were tiny and not intact. It looked as if I had gotten the bottom of a bucket of clam scraps. In the whole order I had only found TWO bellies! This order cost over $18 and it was mostly fried batter, so I headed back to return it. Unfortunately, I was met with a mega traffic jam. People trying to get in and out of the miniscule parking lot, there was no where to park at all. So, I just decided to take off.

I will never eat there again, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Manhattan Beach, California, USA
“My Petey's!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I love this place!

If its nice (not today, pouring rain) sit upstairs and watch the world go by. Start with chowder and then I get the fried clams whole with bellies. Some of the best I've ever had. Coleslaw is very good and they have a decent wine list. Full bar as well.

Service is very good and quick if you want it that way. I prefer to lair and absorb the vibe.

I guess it could be cheaper, but in the end.. are you really going to remember 4 or 5 bucks or the time you spent enjoying this great authentic New England clam shack?

• Visited August 2013
Galway, New York
“The ocean in your mouth!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place seemed like a novelty place to visit while at the seashore, and that it was. It is a must stop for anyone staying or passing through. The food was fresh and delicious. Everything seemed like it was straight out of the ocean. The picnic tables and the ambiance were exactly what we wanted while visiting Hampton Beach!!!

• Visited April 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Too expensive for average seafood on paper plates”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The manager at our over night hotel recommended this place. I would not go back. While the seafood was good, it was over priced for what you got and served in paper plates and bowls. However, the service was friendly. Our bill was just over $ 70 for 2 small cups of chowder, a couple of plates of fried clams with 2 beers and coffee afterwards.

Visited July 2013

Been to Petey's Summertime Seafood? Share your experiences!