“Pick another place, not worth the $$$”

Atlantic Four Winds Efficiencies
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rye
Atlantic Four Winds Efficiencies
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rye
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Pick another place, not worth the $$$”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

There is no best part of the Atlantic Four Winds. First sign of trouble was when nobody answered the phone to anser a couple of questions. The first person in my little group got there to a note on the door "gone shopping". Couldn't check in. It was hit or miss the rest of the trip whether anyone would be in the office. one morning nobody showed up until after 11:00 am. It was the office persons day off the day we left so we had to give out keys to the housekeeper, who happened to be walking by. The cottages were not very clean, they do not believe in picking up anything on the counter to make sure it was clean underneath. The beds and pull out beds extremely uncomfortable and the heat inside unbearable. They provide one fan. If you think you will get away from the heat on a hot day, forget it. Not even out in the screened porch. The trash was overflowing from the trash container outside the first cabin next to the office. The seagulls were picking through the trash and throwing it on the ground. it was not picked up for several days and smelled really bad. The pool water was cloudy an not refreshing. The best part of the trip was the ocean beach which is down a little street, across from the cottages. BTW, Peaty of Peaty's resteraunt avertised on the site, owns the cottages.

Room Tip: Do not book here. Pick some place else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Moore R

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Drewsville, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the twenty sixth year of staying at this motel. My wife's family has a reunion every Memorial Day weekend. This property is located just across the street from the family ocean front. Nothing special. Price is fair. More detail could be done before arrival. Always some little problem, but it is convenient. Pool is never open for this weekend. BUMMER!!!! As stated; It is what it is. Probably will go next year because of the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love this place like my second home I have been going for 20 years and is still by far my favorite vacation spot! The beach being right across the street is amazing. Plus right down the road is Petey's a resturant owned by the same people and their food is delicious I would recommend this place to everyone

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Zippy112292
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I came here for the weekend expecting a nice, relaxing get-away; for the price charged I was very let down, almost disgusted. The cottage had a kitchenette the size of a closet, a small bathroom with a broken toilet, and it was hottest inside the cottage (based on its description I had expected there would be AC). To make matters worse, I needed to access the internet and the network wasn't even available. My second night here I was moved to a different cottage, had to be out by 10AM and couldn't go into the other cottage until 2PM, and though the second one had more space there was no AC, the toilet didn't flush easily, and the internet did work (this cottage was closer to the main office). I was very disappointed. Save money and priceline a hotel room; the swimming pool and free beach access was not worth my hell-of-a-weekend at Atlantic Four Winds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yennivieve

Travelers are raving about these Rye hotels

Nashua
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I love the little cabins, lots of privacy and not very noisy, even with the kids at the pool..they were always gone by dark, so we slept like logs. The kitchen only has a little 2 burner gas operated unit. It was fine with us...but it could really have been cleaned a little better with a bit more elbow grease! Nice place to walk from to anywhere, to Petey's, and other places. We didn't use the Rye beach too much because we have our private little place that we go to down the street. We are going back this August and looking forward to it. Don't expect a luxury hotel, cabins are not that..they are just fun, little bright places, with a very nice screened in porch, where we ate breakfast every A.M. Also you can bring your own little cookout thingy if you like to cookout, which we did often :)

Room Tip: Cabin away from office/snack bar.less traffic!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gailpeterd
New Hampshire
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Okay so here is a run down of the first two days of my vacation. I had booked 3 nights at Atlantic Four Winds.....there is a reason that they don't put pictures of the actual inside of the cottages on their website. OUR COTTAGE WAS FILTHY!!! The bathroom was unusable, the pool was disgusting looking and had patches all over the place. Within 5 minutes of us being there my two year old knealt down on the porch and sliced the top of her foot wide open on a piece of metal on the porch. We weren't happy with the cottage but thought that we would make the best of it since we didn't plan on spending that much time at the cottage. Later that night it took us an hour and a half to get the kids to sleep (1 & 2) and at 845pm the cleaning lady came to our cottage and was talking very loud. She asked for the cot that was buried on our porch. I told her no because we had two little ones finally asleep and the noise would wake them up. She asked again and again I told her no! So she went and got the owner's wife!!! She came over and started a fight with me at 9pm about the stupid cot that they should have removed from our porch BEFORE we ever checked in!!! She threatened that she would have her husband (the owner) come down and take care of me. I told her that we wouldn't be staying our remaining two nights and if it wasn't so late we would have left then and she just kept saying that she wasn't going to get into it with me!!! The next day when we went to check out I was told that my money was NON-REFUNDABLE unless they were able to rent the cottage out!!! After that I would have thought that the owner would have been willing to give us our money back but to this day we are still out the $200 we paid for the two nights that we didn't stay at that disgusting place!!! If you want to enjoy your vacation do not go to this place!!! Nothing but horrible things happened the whole time that we were there!!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank peblz21
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I enjoyed my stay. It was an overall clean, cute 1 room carpeted cottage w/a nice white/blue crisp interior decor, a wonderfully comfortable clean firm queen bed, spotlessly clean bed linen, a clean bathroom and the best part , a covered porch . It is true there were teeny spider cobwebs in the corners and 1 or 2 dead black ants observed in the bathroom but the cottages are rustic and sit just in front of a ( beautiful )wilderness/ marsh area so nature will creep in, folks. Problems: the lace curtains, kitchen counter/microwave and the wall lamp needed a good wash and wipe -down, the bathroom was small w/a shower stall which had some broken areas, the worst was the very decayed bathroom flooring just off the shower discreetly covered w/a floor towel and this old fashioned scary gas burner contraption sticky, rusty , yucky thing --tsk, tsk tsk owners you need to renovate ! But everything else was comfortable. For what I paid- $ 95 per night on the 4th of July weekend- it was a very good value and I had me a nice stay. I loved that its in a relatively quiet residential area off Rt 1A in front of a portion of Rye Beach that only residents or seasonal guests can easily access. I loved crossing the street every morning for a beach walk- its a nice long beach.- and sitting at night in the enclosed porch hearing the rustling of the marsh foliage behind me, seeing the stars and taking in the night breeze. The complex grounds are small but well kept. The only other problem was that the owners are not around much, as they own a restaurant and a grocery store as well. So if you have a problem at night-well you kind of are on your own-bring a cellphone just in case.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Voudre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#4 of 41 in Hampton
The Rosewood Inn at Rye

Been to Atlantic Four Winds Efficiencies? Share your experiences!