“Not impressed”

Plain Jane's Diner
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Rumney
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4HPAB_enAU373AU373&q=campton%20nh&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl#
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We went with a group of 11 post the polar caves after it being recommended by the person working in the polar caves gift shop (wish we'd checked reviews).

More than 1/2 of us weren't happy with our food. I had a chicken parm sandwich and found the sauce to dry. We had two vegetarians with us who were initially happy to see multiple options for them but they found the veggie sandwich dry.

I did have an amazing black & white milk shake. Other than that about 1/2 of our party found the food to be "fine".

You get a choice of french fries or onion rings with many items. The onion rings were much better.

Service was unremarkable and didn't make up for poor food. Nor did they ask why we ate such a small portion of what we ordered.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank NewEnglandGirl38

Wakefield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would not recommend Plain Janes Diner.”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The atmosphere is fine. The wait for food was longer than we had expected, maybe close to half an hour. We were a party of 6. We were not all served at once, with my mother's meal coming several minutes after the rest. My son and I ordered chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce. It took more than 5 minutes after the arrival of the dried out chicken tenders (or shall I say chicken "toughs") to be delivered to the table. My daugher ordered pancakes, which weren't very good. It took even longer for them to find some syrup to bring over. When our 6th entree was finally delivered and we told the waitress that we were still waiting for the syrup she gave us an annoyed look and attitude and said it was coming, implying with her tone of voice that we were out of line to mention it. What was the plan - to wait until the food was cold to deliver such an essential accompaniment to pancakes as syrup? To top it all off we were confused by the handwritten check and were having trouble understanding how many beverages we had been charged for. It was only when we mentioned our question to another waitress that she pointed out that the owners require them to add on an 18% gratuity for all parties of 6 or more, and that the gratuity was listed on the check as tax. I don't think it said anything on the menu about this policy, so if I hadn't asked my question then after I added my 10% tip (lower than usual to reflect the poor service) I would have ended up paying a 28% tip! I would never patronize this establishment again.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank NumberGirlKW
Amherst, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“V. much enjoyed!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We visited in April of 2012 after receiving a discount from Polar Caves. The service was friendly and fast and the barbecue pulled pork melt was great. The diner atmosphere was fun and completely fit the mood of our road trip.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank BeCl6
MA
“Just Okay”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Decided to try after receiving a discount from the Polar Caves. Restaurant needs much updating, ripped and duct taped seats and food took very long time compared to the few customers there were in the restaurant. Our waitress was wonderful, but the food was only ehh. Disappointed.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank MamaMo2
Dunstable Massachusetts
“Plain Jane's Diner Is a great place to eat!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I love Plain Jane's diner! The food was fabulous, the service was great and the food was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on returning to Plain Jane's and you should too!!!!

• Visited October 2011