“Really great place to eat”

Granite Steak & Grill
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Granite Steak and Grill and Smokey's Tavern are located on Route 11 in Rochester. Offering an intimate setting complete with gas fireplaces and an outside patio. We present a homestyle dining experience, taking pride in offering the highest quality food at affordable prices served by a friendly, attentive staff. The menu exhibits top end meats in addition to chicken, ribs, seafood and pasta dishes. Our tantalizing senior menu offers a complete meal with beverage, entrée and dessert - pleasing the heartiest of appetites! Smokey’s Tavern located downstairs is the ideal place to meet with friends and unwind after a hard day’s work.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times. Has a great menu, with daily specials at a very reasonable price. Servers are great and friendly, and the service is quickl Since I'm a steak guy and my wife favors seafood, it's the best of both worlds for us. Plenty of parking. Varied menu.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family dines here often. Good assortment of dishes including steaks,seafood, pasta and sandwiches. We usually dine downstairs in "Smokeys Tavern" where there is a popcorn machine where you can scoop your own in a basket. Outdoor patio in the summer open and a function room. Good family place both upstairs and down.Prices are reasonable, always clean and great service!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant is like an family restaurant, good food, always busy and a bit on the pricey side, would like to see the menu changed at some point in time.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a nice meal, as usual, the food being great and the staff extremely friendly. We even had a birthday candle in the brownie sundae when the server found we had birthday happening.
Always a pleasure to eat there.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We found this restaurant to be clean and welcoming. Lots of choices on the menu. I ordered the filet tips; two sides - baked potato and salad. Baked potato and salad were great; filet tips were tough and had no flavor. To be honest I can't believe they were 'filet'. I only had a few bites.

My partner had ribs - he said they were good; mashed potatoes - good; carrots - no flavor. He said they were probably out of a can.

Service was good .... but unlikely we would return.

Been to Granite Steak & Grill? Share your experiences!