“Best lunch in Rochester!”
Review of Portable Pantry - CLOSED

Portable Pantry
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Seacoast NH
“Best lunch in Rochester!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Portable Pantry has something for everybody on their menu. Every week there are new and creative specials, but with the standby favorites around, too. Service is fast and friendly (but call ahead for to-go or for a big order and they always have it ready!) It is so nice to have a healthy (delicious!) alternative to greasy heavy lunches!

• Visited September 2013

Rochester, New Hampshire
“Best Scones Around!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm a local and try to enjoy there scones when they bake them, which unfortunately is not every day..although I have requested them be made and they will! Great sandwiches and soups...very clean, friendly staff and the owner is lovely! ONE WISH...I wish they were open on weekends...I'd love to be able to walk there in the morning for my scones and/or one of their amazing breakfast sandwiches!

• Visited June 2013
New Hampshire
“Great Hidden Secret”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food is awesome in this place. It's a very limited menu of sandwiches, soups and pastry. Everything is fresh and it tastes like love in every bite. Poor seating with tiny little tables and small little seats. I just get it to go

Visited May 2013
1 Thank frequentdiner1948
Portland, Maine
“Worth stopping in”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Had a very good lunch here before seeing a play at the Opera House. Lunch combo of half sandwich and soup or salad was reasonably priced and very tasty. Good ingredients and decent sized portions. Not a lot of drinks to choose from, but the basics. Would absolutely return the next time we are in town.

• Visited March 2013
Franklin, New Hampshire, United States
“What a deal!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Typically when I eat out price is ALWAYS a factor. We have only been to Rochester twice to visit Jetpack Comics that is right around the corner from this shop. We asked the store owners where a good place to eat was and they directed us to the Portable Pantry. What a find this place is! And even better - they Cater!
The dining area is small but just enough room for everyone. The staff was friendly and upbeat and they helped you the whole step of the way if you are new. They have lunch deals and homemade delicious soups and homemade yummy desserts!
I am a person who dislikes certain cooked vegetables because the texture after it has been cooked is mushy and gross. So I ordered the Chicken pot pie soup knowing I would normally have to pick around the peas and carrots...well I ate the whole thing! Peas, carrots, yummy roasted chicken and in a gravy like no other!
I also ordered the Grilled cheese with bacon and ham and they had no problem changing the blue cheese to cheddar or provolone for me. The bacon and ham were so good it took the sandwich to a whole new level for me! I had a soda pop and for dessert I had a scrumptious toll house cream cheese bar! WOW! Out of this world!
My husband had the Hungarian beef soup and the Turkey dinner sandwich and a lemon square! He said this soup was the best he has had in a long time! The sandwich was tender and the relish was outstanding!
Now here is the big deal for me - price....I compared our meals against any simple fast food restaurant and our entire meal was only $5.62 more than you would get at a fast food restaurant! Now that is the kind of deal I am looking for! I would rather spend a little more knowing I am getting 99% if not 100% homemade from a small business than spend a little less at some regular fast food place where all the food is over processed!
Thank you Portable Pantry!
We will be back the next time we are in town!

• Visited January 2013