“A Find on our Way Home”

Hometown Diner
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Rindge
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dedham, Massachusetts
“A Find on our Way Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We are fans of diners and diner food and were looking for a place to have dinner on our way home from vacationing in Vermont. I noticed this diner and thought we should stop in and give it a try.
We were warmly greeted by the owner Bonnie and then sat down at a booth. We looked over the menu and when it seemed we had been waiting a bit, Bonnie came over and asked if our order had been taken. When I told her it hadn't, our server came over immediately and apologized for the delay as she was checking someone out.
I ordered the haddock sandwich and my husband ordered the meatloaf. The fish was delicious--batter not heavy at all so all the flavor of the fish came through. The fries were hot! My husband said the meatloaf had a different flavor as it was heated up on the grill. He finished his plate but mine was "bigger than I am" as he likes to say.
Just a bit disappointed that the only dessert items were ice cream. Usually diners have pies and cakes and the like so we found dessert elsewhere.
Our server was very talkative and friendly with a woman who came in with her three children which I thought was a nice touch. We would stop by here again if we are in the area.

• Visited July 2014

Rindge, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Gluten Free People, Great overall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Few if not really any restaurants serve a variety of gluten free meals. Most will only give you one or two options. The Hometown diner serves a wide variety of gluten free meals, from toast to french toast, to pancakes to omelets. The only downfall is that the french toast isn't texas toast, but the first time I got the french toast, they gave me twice a s much to make up for it. I guess it depends who your server is. Also the price is the same for all gluten free substitutes!

I give it 4 stars because the service is relatively slow. Just keep bugging them until they do what you ask, but thats usually how it is at diners anyway. They are also relatively new, so just practice some mercy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Timeh1984
Winchendon, Massachusetts, United States
“Menu is adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We visited the restaurant soon after it opened. There was a waiting line to enter. The menu was breakfast and lunch items. Unfortunately, most of the food on the menu had salt in it, so it only allowed us to choose one item, a hamburger. The hamburger was good size and tasty.

Visited November 2013
Pepperell
“Best new diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hometown diner on rt. 119 and rt. 202 in Rindge, NH has my vote for a great new diner recently opened last fall. The prices are reasonable, great portions, easy to get too! Nice drive up route 119 for breakfast or lunch opening for dinner in April, it's what diner food should be, plus there is plenty of parking. Try it this weekend for a good meal !

• Visited February 2014
Cambridge, MA
“Good food not so good service ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Service- got seated very quickly. No refills offered. Bill came slowly

Food- coffee tasted like water...French toast was good...sausage and gravy was good...hash was good..

Atmosphere - very diner like..great atmosphere..

1 Thank corymash

Been to Hometown Diner? Share your experiences!