Residence Inn by Marriott Portsmouth
$149
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
$114
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$145
Agoda.com
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$144
Agoda.com
All reviewsred hook brewerytwo bedroom unitmicrowave popcorndaughter's familybig box storesmorning breakfast isbreakfast meatliving areahot tubexercise roomindoor poolbeer and winefull kitchenbusiness centernew hampshireworking ordershort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great stay for the family. Clean rooms, nice warm pool, and hot Hot tub. The hotel makes you feel as if you are at home with friends. Remember the rooms all have a complete kitchen to help save on food bills. Great morning breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nhscooper
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Residence Inn ~ 4 times over the last few years. We recently stayed 3 nights after Christmas. The location is great as you as a couple of miles to downtown Portsmouth and do not need to pay over night parking fees. Can walk to the Red Hook Brewery and take a tour for $1 per person.

Overall the staff was friendly.

The hotel is pet friendly for a $75 fee which we no longer need but it is handy for pet owners.

The rooms were done over the past few years and appear to be holding up fine. Some wear from guests and pets but overall good. Just annoys us that Marriott never changed the carpet in the elevator. Time for an upgrade there!

Breakfast food was typical for a Residence Inn but nothing special. I would recommend on a quiter day they put the food out in smaller batches instead at one time so it remains fresher for longer periods. One morning our food was a bit dried out and it was only around 8:00AM.

The staff needs to pay attention to the pool area and hallways and keep them picked up!

One rainy/snowy day we went to use the pool and were turned off. Socks in the hot tub, cigarette
butt on the floor, fake finger nails on a lounger and clumps of hair in and just plain dirty around the pool area. I mentioned this to the Asian gentleman at the front desk who said he would look into it. Cigarette butt , fake finger nails dirt and trash remained over the next two days. Also crushed chips in the elevator for a solid day. So much for relaxing by the pool!

I will definitely return but the hotel staff needs to pay attention to the details. Else we will look for other options in the area. The Marriott Downtown appears much cleaner but you pay $15 per day to park.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a 2-bedroom suite with 2 King bedrooms, each attached to the large living room and kitchen area, This setup was perfect for us and our two grown children to spend a couple of days, while we visited several relatives in the surrounding area.

The property was a little bit worn, and the "heated" pool was not usable, since it was ice cold. We mentioned this to the front desk, who said they would "send someone", but no one ever came, and after waiting 30 minutes in the very foamy hot tub, we left. We were disappointed, since we love to swim, and had been assured upon checkin that the pool was heated! Also, on a Sunday morning, the free breakfast ended at 10 AM, which was a little too early for us.

Aside from these annoyances, the place was very nice. Am not sure we would return though, due to the inability to swim.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was here for 35 days and totally enjoyed my stay. I want to thank the staff and everyone else for doing such a super job! Morning breakfast staff in particular are John, Barbara and Tonya, super job you guys. I can't forget Rebecca, she did an excellant job keeping the evening dinner bar stocked and beer and wine on hand, really a nice and good looking lady. Front desk personell were fantastic and paid attention to all my needs and once again 1 person stood out from all others and that is Mary Mclaughlin who I can't say enough about. I would be remiss not to praise Alfado the 1 and only maintenance person that took care of any problems I had and everybody else and the whole complex. Hope he's getting good pay, he deserves it. Lastly, the manager Liz Moaltin and the Ops manager Allison Lowe. They were both very attentive to my special requests and especially Allison, who was like the energizer bunny, never ran out of juice and full open all the time. that's not to say Liz wasn't also but she did go on maternity leave shortly after my arrival. they are also in the process of doing upgrades and are aware of the dated items and the shortcomings that others have stated in there reviews and are in the process of rectifiying them. Thanks to you all and I look forward to my return in about 18 months.

Room Tip: I like a/c noise and that doesnt bother me, but the reviewes that others wrote are not what I experienced at all.Great place for dogs, plenty of large grassy are to go off leash and run and do there bisness.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

First of all were Marriott elite members and our stay was a great deal. However our room was a big disappointment. It was a first floor end unit with the A/C unit that was loud and noisy throughout the night. We always request a higher floor but didn't get one. And here's why. We found live bugs (spiders and some kind of black beetle) crawling around on the carpet. Good thing it was just one night. The reception desk was very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012