“Enjoyable atmosphere, limited but tasty menu”
Review of Brazo - CLOSED

Brazo
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Description: What if Portsmouth had a fling with a Latin lover? What if mojo filled the streets, steaming with the heat of Cuban, Spanish and, Latin music. What if you could drink a caipirinha on a Tuesday night? Or enjoy our fish taco Fridays.Welcome to Brazo where the flavors of Latin and South America are completely at home in northern reaches. Its everything an exotic journey should be right in downtown Portsmouth. Viva Brazo!
new hampshire
“Enjoyable atmosphere, limited but tasty menu”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We very much enjoyed our meal here, though I'd say my rib eye (which was done perfectly and very flavorful) was a better choice than my husband's fish, which was a bit bland. The side dish of sweet potatoes gratin was A+. The menu is not large with a surprising amount of fish on it and not as much meat as one might expect. I thought the guacamole appetizer could have been a bit more generous, but the main portions were perfectly sized. (I took half the rib eye home.) The mint martini in place of dessert was truly delicious. As others have noted, very nice wait staff. When we go again, I will ask for one of the round booths as they are fun, but none of the seating is bad.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank cslnh

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“YUM”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've lived on the seacoast for four years and have never been to Brazo, despite hearing how great it was. Service staff were friendly, attentive and had great recommendations. I had the duck, my date had the paella. We split a mushroom salad for an app. Everything was delicious, portions were perfect (not like ome more "gourmet" restaurants where they give you a small amount of food). I cleaned my plate! It was definitely one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I can't wait to go back with my friends and family!

• Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Portsmouth!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Brazo is a wonderful restaurant with an eclectic, delicious menu. Not for fans of the bland and boring! A few of our favorite things:

The space is nice without being flashy. Beautiful decor & great atmosphere. It's a place I've gone wearing a dress and also jeans and a sweater - on the upscale side of things but not stuffy.

The staff are WONDERFUL. We love going in and seeing familiar, smiling faces!

The menu is DELICIOUS. South-American done really well, and the drinks are fantastic.

This is my husband's and my favorite restaurant in Portsmouth. Make a reservation just in case (especially on a weekend evening) - and if you're in town for Restaurant Week, their price fixe menus are always impressive.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Julia V
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Looking forward to going back”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Enjoyed the cocktails, food and the atmosphere. It's a small place in the heart of Portsmouth NH, which is a great town!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DollysDaughter_27
New York City, New York
“Poutine!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Try the poutine. You will not regret it. The drinks (habanero margarita and ginger mojito) were also delicious and a healthy portion. Ended up going with the pork shank for dinner and it was very good, but could have used a little more sauce. But try the poutine, seriously.

• Visited May 2014