“Looking forward to going back”
Review of Brazo - CLOSED

Brazo
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Description: What if Portsmouth had a fling with a Latin lover? What if mojo filled the streets, steaming with the heat of Cuban, Spanish and, Latin music. What if you could drink a caipirinha on a Tuesday night? Or enjoy our fish taco Fridays.Welcome to Brazo where the flavors of Latin and South America are completely at home in northern reaches. Its everything an exotic journey should be right in downtown Portsmouth. Viva Brazo!
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Enjoyed the cocktails, food and the atmosphere. It's a small place in the heart of Portsmouth NH, which is a great town!

2  Thank DollysDaughter_27

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Try the poutine. You will not regret it. The drinks (habanero margarita and ginger mojito) were also delicious and a healthy portion. Ended up going with the pork shank for dinner and it was very good, but could have used a little more sauce. But try the poutine, seriously.

1  Thank Derek F
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at Brazo! So wonderful, that we came back two more nights during the week for either dessert or a nightcap with a snack. On our first visit, we split the fish tacos, the tapas platter, and the charred romaine salad. All were great! We came back later in the week for more fantastic tres leches cake and olive tapanede. We received excellent service from our wait person Luna and all of the staff on each visit. I highly recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank Ken P
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I made a stop here on a self guided appetizer and drinks tour of Portsmouth. We really wanted to see as many restaurants as we could in two night so we didn't go to only one place. Brazo's menu lured us in and it made the cut for this round. This was our first time in Portsmouth so it should count for something that with only three places to go Brazo made the cut. We sat at the bar and immediately realized we made a good selection. I always like knowing that most of the bar patrons are locals and they all seemed to know the bartenders. This is always a good sign! We each had a drink, my wife had a coconut pineapple martini which she talked about for hours and I tried the Caipirinha (the national drink of Brazil). MY drink was great too, it was very close to a margarita. For a snack we chose the goat cheese fondu and the crab and mango dumplings with habanero aioli. Both were absolutely delicious. Funny enough though it was the olive tapenade that came with the bread before the meal that I remember most! This tapenade was the best I have ever had and I could have sat and eaten it all night. We already decided that this will be a dinner stop on our next visit to Portsmouth. We almost canceled our self guided food tour and just ordered dinner! I will do another review for dinner on the next trip to Portsmouth. I'm already excited!

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We sat at table #1 and were served by the best waiter I have had in a long time, Ryan. We have been to Brazo many times, but Ryan has by far enabled the most amazing dining experience. He is one of the reasons we come back to Brazo time and time again. He is intimately knowledgeable about the menu, which is always creative without losing sight of what they do so very well. You can always count on an amazing staple or if you are in the mood, a new and creative special. We come here for special occasions and "just because" occasions and have never been disappointed. It is our "go to" place if we want a guaranteed special meal with amazing service and terrific staff. By far our favorite restaurant in Portsmouth or anywhere within a 50 mile radius. Thank you!

1  Thank Beth L