“The best service and creative menu”
Review of Brazo - CLOSED

Brazo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Description: What if Portsmouth had a fling with a Latin lover? What if mojo filled the streets, steaming with the heat of Cuban, Spanish and, Latin music. What if you could drink a caipirinha on a Tuesday night? Or enjoy our fish taco Fridays.Welcome to Brazo where the flavors of Latin and South America are completely at home in northern reaches. Its everything an exotic journey should be right in downtown Portsmouth. Viva Brazo!
Haverhill, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best service and creative menu”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We sat at table #1 and were served by the best waiter I have had in a long time, Ryan. We have been to Brazo many times, but Ryan has by far enabled the most amazing dining experience. He is one of the reasons we come back to Brazo time and time again. He is intimately knowledgeable about the menu, which is always creative without losing sight of what they do so very well. You can always count on an amazing staple or if you are in the mood, a new and creative special. We come here for special occasions and "just because" occasions and have never been disappointed. It is our "go to" place if we want a guaranteed special meal with amazing service and terrific staff. By far our favorite restaurant in Portsmouth or anywhere within a 50 mile radius. Thank you!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Beth L

Bethel, Connecticut
“Good, but not great, but worth a visit”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

It's too bad the anticipation did not meet the experience, but you can do a whole lot worse in the area. The reviews of Brazo here are very high, and I can only speak of my experience. I would also say that I would visit Brazo again in a heart beat.
We booked the reservation via opentable, and after checking back & forth got a reservation that suited our time. The place is small & noisy, but pretty modern with a cool vibe.
It was my Wife, and myself. We had the Dates wrapped in Spanish ham, and stuffed with gorgonzola cheese very good. too bad only 4 of them for the 10 bucks.
My Wife ordered the Skirt steak with chimichurri marinade, and it was to be medium, but came out on the rare side. This cut of steak is a bit tough or tenacious when on the rare side, but ok. There was a water cress salad on the side that was bitter and an over the top after taste that needed a sweet dressing to combat the strength of the powerful green.
I had the seafood & chicken paella. It was good with a great variety of fish, chorizo, and a boneless chicken thigh on the top. it was good not OMG good. especially for $24 bucks.

The place was busy that lent to not seeing the server as often as we might have wanted. Food runners got food there on time, but drinks, and check & cashing out took extra time.
I would go again, but my expectations will be in line.

• Visited May 2014
Camden, Maine
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Excellent food, interesting menu choices, wonderful service, nice atmosphere and fund decor. I went with 5 girlfriends and we had a wonderful corner booth. The food was delicious and we were very happy. Loved the Latin poutine and the empanadas on the appetizer menu. We also loved the stuffed pablano pepper.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank debbymaniac
Stonington, Connecticut
“Upbeat, casaul and tasty”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We sat at the bar and had a luscious Sangria and nice conversation with the bartender while waiting for our food. Our meal was served promptly and was delicious. We had a Paella dish and a steak- both had a nice blend of flavors and were well presented. If we lived in Portsmouth, this would be a regular stop!

• Visited April 2014
San Diego, California
“Food enjoyable, bartender not enjoyable”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Sat at the bar with a friend to enjoy a couple of cocktails and dinner. It was clear that the bartender was annoyed by having customers. She only showed any interest in us when it was time for us to pay the bill and leave the tip. They have been a couple of other occasions I've wanted to go back, but walked in, saw her at the bar and walked out. The experience was unfortunate because I really enjoyed the food.