“Cuban Fusion and great drinks”
Review of Brazo - CLOSED

Brazo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Description: What if Portsmouth had a fling with a Latin lover? What if mojo filled the streets, steaming with the heat of Cuban, Spanish and, Latin music. What if you could drink a caipirinha on a Tuesday night? Or enjoy our fish taco Fridays.Welcome to Brazo where the flavors of Latin and South America are completely at home in northern reaches. Its everything an exotic journey should be right in downtown Portsmouth. Viva Brazo!
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Cuban Fusion and great drinks”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Cuban is one of my favorite food genres and this restaurant does not disappoint. They have a fabulous array of unique drinks and a lovely bar. The dishes are inventive and generous for a gourmet restaurant. Food wise it may be my favorite place in Portsmouth!

• Visited November 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

High marks all around for our Restaurant Week experience. We have long wanted to dine here, and took advantage of a well-rounded RW menu and pricing for our first meal here.

Atmosphere: Cozy, welcoming, maybe even romantic. Latin music at a comfortable level plus general close proximity of fellow diners made conversation easy and mostly private.

Service: friendly and attentive, unobtrusive and timely. Every employee knows his or her role and performs seamlessly. Kudos to the hostess for politely but firmly dealing with walk-ins at a completely booked and busy hour (we had reservations; they are absolutely necessary!).

Food: nice Malbec and specialty ginger and hibiscus cocktail to start. Apps were a chicken soup (good) and mango and crab dumplings (spicy and delicious). Entrees were braised pork shank (cooked perfectly, could have a touch more flavor) and bistro steak (fabulous all around). Desserts were just to die for: tres leches cake (husband's favorite) and mini churros with chocolate dipping sauce and coffee ice cream (divine).

We were hoping to like this meal, and ended up loving it. A pricey night out to be sure, but on par with the best and very much deserving of a high rank in this foodie town. We will return!

Portland, Maine
“One of those memorable meal experiences and must stops”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We arrived a bit early on the 22nd and were offered to wait up front or to sit in the bar area. We sat at the bar and what a beautiful spot for my Mojito and my wife’s Cosmo. We had Luna as our wait person and she did an excellent job throughout our meal (thanks for the candle on my wife's dessert). For appetizers we had the tapas platter (yum) and the native mushroom empanadas (incredible). Our entrees were the stuffed poblano pepper and the braised short ribs. Both dishes were incredibly good. My wife tried the Caipirinha cocktail with blood orange, which was another winner. We usually do not make it to dessert, but made an exception here and had the Tres Leches Cake and their over the top decadent version of S’mores. Both desserts were perfection. I cannot thank those two young ladies working the front of the house during our visit. They made our first visit a very memorable one and we will be back. The kitchen rocks here and do not change a thing.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank S V
New Hampshire
“Excellent ambience, food, and service!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I highly recommend eating at the restaurant Brazo, in Portsmouth, NH! The food is outstanding, and the service is excellent! Our waiter went out of his way to make our dining experience the best that it could be!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LVYKBCH
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Scrumptious but not perfect”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We showed up at 6pm Saturday night, with 2 other tables already seated. Of course, we were seated right next to them at the window (to draw in other patrons, I assume). It irked me initially because we were out celebrating our wedding anniversary, without kids, and I really didn't care to hear how our neighbor's pregnancy was going nor have them hear our conversation. Fortunately within 45 minutes, the restaurant filled up and neighboring conversation was drowned out....The food was scrumptious but what was peculiar was that I asked if they could make a dish without bell peppers (as I react to them) and said if they couldn't, I would have the chicken. The waitress came back and said they could do the original dish without the bell peppers...but what they really did was just pick them out before serving the food (unfortunately I was up that night, nauseous from the bell peppers). I should have known better.....All in all, I would return for a special occasion. (With tip we spent $107, which included 1 glass of Sangria, 1 coffee, 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and 1 dessert, if this serves as a gauge for others.)

• Visited January 2014