“Delicious”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Description: What if Portsmouth had a fling with a Latin lover? What if mojo filled the streets, steaming with the heat of Cuban, Spanish and, Latin music. What if you could drink a caipirinha on a Tuesday night? Or enjoy our fish taco Fridays.Welcome to Brazo where the flavors of Latin and South America are completely at home in northern reaches. Its everything an exotic journey should be right in downtown Portsmouth. Viva Brazo!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been to Brazo on several occasions and each time has been great. The pork confit is extraordinary! Also don't miss out on the fish taco appetizer. Food is a bit pricey but it is absolutely worth every penny. Service has been attentive and friendly on each of my visits as well.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This place has plenty even though some who are picky will have to take a minute or two to select off the uncomplicated menu. The Steaks, Chicken and Seafood were ordered by us. We all sample each others stuff. Each selction was perfect. The service was the best with attention given to each individual and not just to the party of 5 we were.The tuna was great. I almost ordered another entree of it.
Try to see if you can get the three corse steak pating during resaurant week.
Across the board you can't find better in Portsmouth.
I plan on going again for a variety of meals.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I ate at Brazo a few nights ago with some friends during the 2013 Restaurant Week. I had never been to Brazo, and we were so happy that we will absolutely go back.

The prices are a bit shocking when you open the menu, but the quality and service make it worth the experience. I enjoyed an incredible tuna taco as an appetizer, and a delicious steak for dinner. The coconut ice cream covered with chocolate sauce ended the evening. Amazing.

The staff is fast, fun and friendly. The atmosphere was a bit loud, but that may have been the result of Restaurant Week, which amped up business quite a bit. Our waiter took orders from eight of us, and never needed to write anything down. He remembered everything accurately from drinks, to apps, to dinner, to dessert. Super professional.

Expect to pay quite a bit, but for an occasional special night out, this is the place to go in Portsmouth.

2  Thank Bills_Journal
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Brazo is a nice choice when you want something a bit different from what the rest of Portsmouth has to offer. The food is good, but expensive. Limited menu so not the best for picky eaters.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Took advantage of the Restaurant Week three course meal for $30. What a great deal. The food in general had a lot of flavour complexity. The drink special, a mojito ingles, was well thought out and not overly sweetened. The steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were all delicious. Manchego mashed potato, bacon sauteed green beans, and horseradish-garlic crema. My wife had the crispy skinned chicken which was equally as good. Had a charred tomato bisque with crab fritter as an appetizer and was very happy with it, though it sounds like I should have gotten the tuna taco from all the praise its getting. Tres Leches for desert made for a perfect finish. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank cokebaby