“Nice place”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
California
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a great stay here!

Comfortable, spacious and clean rooms.

Very modern and welcoming.

Was close to a sea food restaurant where we had the best sea food we have EVER had. We commented on how good it was for so far inland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nemacolin, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was absolutely amazing! Our room was nice and clean. The problem I have is when we left our room so it could be cleaned! Housekeeping knocked on our door to clean out room, I didn't want to hold them up so I grabbed my purse and exited the room. Upon returning I noticed that my watch and diamond earrings were missing! I have laid them in the same place since I started staying here on the eighth. I then went to the front desk to ask the housekeeper if maybe she put them up for me. That wasn't the case. Another one of the housekeepers that was in the room said she saw them in the place I put them. I then asked to talk to a supervisor, he told me that he feels this is not a case of theft, but merely items that have been misplaced. I then had to call the police to make a report. I should not have had to do this. I should not have to pack up all my valuable items when they come into the room!!!! I would rather pay extra to keep my items!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BH85
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear BH85,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. Your comments are very troubling and this will certainly be looked into. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Portsmouth hotels

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed at numerous other hotels in Portsmouth. Tried this property based on excellent price. Newly renovated, friendly staff provide a warm welcome at check in. Rooms clean & comfortable. Excellent location. Good stay with no complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
East River, ns
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed a night when travelling through. The location is great, close to downtown and close to I-95. The Roundabout Diner is next door, very convenient. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wanted to stay in the center of town but was unable to. Was pleasantly surprised that it was a very short ride into town and we by-passed the Exit 7 traffic. The hotel is is very clean and looks recently renovated. The lounge and dining area are very modern looking. The menu prices seem responsible and there is a breakfast buffet for $11.95 or $12.95 - not sure if that includes beverage or not.

We stayed on the 5th floor and had a King-Sized bed. The room seemed a little small, but for one or two nights it is fine. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were fairly new looking.

My only complaint is the air conditioning. It has been in the 90's for the past few days and when we entered the room it was warm and the A/C was running. The thermostat was set to 50 and the temperature was in the low 70's. I thought the A/C was recently turned on. Too make a long story short, the temperature range of the thermostat read 72 (A/C off) to 74 (A/C on). I was thinking that the hotel was trying to save $$ by regulating their thermostats. Since we were there just the one night, I did not call the front desk.The A/C i s the reason I am giving the hotel an average rating and the room a poor rating.

Room Tip: 5th floor may have an issue with A/C keeping the rooms comfortable in the summer time.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear vacationshark ,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated the condition and the cleanliness of our property. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with your room accommodation and the air conditioner. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Clean rooms, great staff, great location for exploring the NE coast of that area, or the inland towns. Although the hotel is located next to I-95, our room was on the other side of the building, and so we had not trouble with noise and such.

Room Tip: Take a room on the side opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple