“THEY HID MY CLOTHES AND LAPTOP”

America's Best Inns & Suites
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
PORTSMOUTH
“THEY HID MY CLOTHES AND LAPTOP”
Reviewed May 24, 2008

while requesting a later wake up call i was told that rates were going up for memorial day weekend and i said that i wasn't the one to decide if new rate was ok so i said i would contact employer and if it wasn't ok that i would call came back at 830 after waork and was told that my belongings were being hid in an undisclosed location even though corporate credit card was on file since check in 1 month prior had to call police to get don hubert, mgr, to give back clothes and laptop back could not believe that such an unprofessional and cowardly action was taken without notifying myself or the local business that was paying the bill don hubert left a 19 yeard old girl to tell me the bad news

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank APALLEDATDON

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2007

We were on vacation visiting the New Hampshire and Maine area and we did not spend much time in our room.
All the staff there was pleasant. When we arrived to check in there were fresh baked cookies for us to enjoy.
When we asked questions about the area, Mike Gallo was very happy to share his knowledge with us. He suggested places to eat and what route to drive so we got to experience the scenic view to arrive at our destinations. The evergreen rooms were adequate for our purposes. They were clean which was important to me.
The only thing I would have like to see improve was more variety at the continental breakfast and a comfortable chair or small couch to sit on to read or to enjoy a cup of coffee.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Liked — The friendly service
  • Disliked — The continental breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank travelformeOhio
Reading, PA
Reviewed July 2, 2006

My wife and I had a wedding to attend in Portsmouth on July 1, 2006, and in searching for a hotel on-line, came up with America's Best Inns in Portland, NH. We stayed two nights, and were quite pleased. The hotel staff were exceptionally helpful, the room was small, but clean (I believe it had recently been remodeled), and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary continental breakfast was basic, but good - coffee was available 24/7! Location was good (NOT downtown as we thought when we made reservations). It is very convenient to I-95. All-in-all, it was a very good value for the money (probably half the price or less of other motels), and we would stay there again.

6 Thank rdurof
Huntington beach
Reviewed April 3, 2006

I went in last winter (Jan 2005) planning to book rooms here for my wedding in June 2006. My fiance and I decided to stay here while visting my parents in March 2006. We were told that the hotel was going to be updated in spring of 2005. Obviously that did not happen. The rugs were disgusting, curtains had moth holes all in them, the walls had stains and food crusted on them, there was hair in the bathroom. The girl who checked us in late that night had ZERO personality and could hardly answer our questions and almost seemed bothered by us. The breakfast was not very good. Coffee was cold and danishes were stale. I will not be booking my wedding block here nor will I ever set foot in Anerica's "Best" Inn again.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank kristinca78
Riverview New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2006

We got a deal on this hotel from roomsaver. Yes we did get a good price but when we got there, the outside of the building looked fine.

We went in, it was still ok.

The problem arose when I went into the room. The corners near the ceiling had spider webs in them that needed to be cleaned. The bathroom was not very clean. The tub and shower and taps all needed a good cleaning. There was hair in the tub, and need I say more.

The bed was comfortable and clean but the room over all needed to be looked after more. I did not complain because I had been on the road for almost ten hours and was to tired to do anything about it.

Then we had went for the continental breakfast. This did not include as much as other places I have stayed. We had got a cup of coffee and an old english muffin that was stale. the only other thing was cereal toast and bagels that were stail as well. Breakfast not very good. We went to eat somewheres else after we left because we did not eat much here as it was not fit to eat.

The staff behind the desk was only somewhat helpfull.

I will never stay at an american best inn again. Poor experience overall.

Not much parking here either.

We came from Riverview New Brunswick and had expected this to be a better place to stay than it turned out to be.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank Oceangal79
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2005

Great hotel...clean, friendly staff and continental breakfast! Just down the road from Water Country at the rotary. One of our rooms even had a small fridge and microwave. Good deal!!!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 31, 2005

this was definately the best value in portsmouth. other rooms in the area were running close to $200+ so paying $140 with a free breakfast was worth it. we checked in sat afternoon and was greeted by a VERY friendly and knowledgable desk clerk who took the time to point out some great restaurants and must see places downtown, complete with a map and excellent directions. Our room was very clean and the bed was really comortable. the same woman checked me out the next morning and was just as friendly as ever. The breakfast room was crazy with so many people but the staff did an excellent job keeping it stocked the best that they could.

We plan on staying here from now on. the staff is by far the BEST i have ever encountered and made our stay so enjoyable!!

• Stayed August 2005