Anchorage Inns & Suites
$169
AscendHotels
$140
$189
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$101
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$194
$180
Hampton.com
$159
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$182
All reviewshot tubcontinental breakfastroom was cleanfront desk manageroff the highwaywafflesindoor poolearly checkthird floorstayed here for one nightcameroncerealdowntownkitterydiner
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my grandmother from sunday november 10-wednesday november 13. My sister also came over to hang out for a few hours a night. Both of our backs are totally covered with very painful bed bug bites. We both had to go to the doctor and miss work over this. I noticed someone else also wrote a review about the bed bug issue so I'm writing one as well. My sister called and reported the problem an was told 'we've never had that problem here before' so she brought up the reviews as far back as August of last year reporting bed bugs and was then told 'last time this happened we just shut off that wing of the hotel'. Are you kidding me?! DO NOT STAY HERE!! If I could include a picture of what these bites look like I would but unfortunately I cant. Please take my advice and steer clear because these bites HURT.

Stayed: November 2013
10  Thank Ririnelly
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past couple of years - LOVED IT. The staff was friendly the hot tub was so nice. This past stay however - was a totally different story. Sad to say that around 1am when I was moving over my pillow I saw a couple of bugs running around on the bed. I turned the light on for further investigation and found a ton of bed bugs (I googled a photo image to be sure) all over my white sheets on the bed! Under my pillow - on top of the sheets, under the sheets. I jumped out of bed - and then found more on the other bed! So I quickly got up and went to the desk - I explained they had bed bugs - his response was less than satisfying. It was almost as if he was not surprised. He offered to switch out my room - and give me a percentage off my stay?!! I said that was not at all a good option. We ended up leaving the hotel around two am for another hotel. Anchorage Inn did pay for our stay at another location which I appreciated, however I do hope they take care of this bed bug issue because I could not imagine taking my children to a hotel and having bed bugs! It was absolutely disgusting and nothing worth paying for. It takes months and a lot of money to get rid of bed bugs - I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Travelor L
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were looking for a place to stop for the night between Bar Harbor and Rhode Island. Anchorage Inns in Portsmouth turned out to be a good choice. We stopped at a service area on I-95 and found a HotelCoupons booklet, which got us a walk-in rate considerably lower than the internet rate. The hotel was close to the highway and a short drive from the center of Portsmouth, The room was simple, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. We spent a lovely morning walking around historic Portsmouth and then continued on our drive.

Room Tip: Non-smokers should make sure to ask for a non-smoking room, as there is a wing of the hotel where smoking is allowed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zvi53
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This inn is well maintained. The rooms are nicely decorated. I suspect they recently remodeled. Room had a refrig and microwave. Room was just the right size and heating/ac worked well. They only negative would be the beds. The linens are real nice however the beds are on the firm side. Breakfast is included which is great for those on the go. Location is handy and price is very reasonable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just of the highway and easy to find, it is also close to the centre of Portsmouth. There is plenty of onsite parking and a nearby dinner for evening meals. I had read some of the previous reviews and can only say that our room was roomy, clean, comfortable and contained everything we needed. I particularly enjoyed the attractive pool and hot tub area. The rate was very competitive and included breakfast. The staff were very helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple