Really appreciated the helpfulness of staff at a recent stay here over Mother's Day weekend. We'd booked a double room and ended up in the older section of the hotel, older room that was clean but had a smokers/mildewy smell in it that bothered my wife and son.
The next day we mentioned this to Melody at the front desk and she swapped us to a nicer room, different floor/wing, that had recently been renovated and it was like night and day. She even ran my son's stuffed animal up to the room that we'd left behind in the switch. You don't tend to expect this level of thought at a standard business class hotel but there it was. Also very comfortable beds and pillows, large bathroom, working air conditioning and fridge, again all plusses for a short stay and since the room hadn't appeared to have been occupied for a while (fridge was off, open and turned off on entry)
Pool area and common areas are spotless; they take a lot of care to keep sweeping through and picking up although you never see them doing it, and it's a must with the families and kids in that weekend. Would stay here again, just request the newer rooms and you'll be all set.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, brick and wood - On I-95. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anchorage Inns & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Inns And Suites
- Anchorage Inns Hotel Portsmouth
- Anchorage Hotel Portsmouth