“Get a popover!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I've been to Popovers probably about 50 times. What I've learned: first, get a popover! They are delicious! Do not miss them! And second, stay away from the salad offerings...they are only so-so and overpriced...I make the salad mistake once because I was trying to be "healthy." Just get the good food, get the good coffee, and enjoy your visit!!

3  Thank bostonyes

Reviewed January 5, 2009

We ate a light lunch here as we passed through Portsmouth in December. I did not try the popovers, but we did enjoy the soup of the day and the chowder. They offer an extensive selection of baked goods and specialty teas.

1  Thank VAbeachgirl
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Very yummy desserts here! Wish we had time to try their sandwiches!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 12, 2008

I didn't want to like Popovers, out of respect for Breaking New Grounds, but they really do make a some good salads and sandwiches. The popovers themselves are not my favorite, but I love their BLTs.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Great for any meal of the day quick. You order at the counter and they call your name - so its not a place for a long sit-down meal. The food, however, is excellent. We had both breakfast and lunch there and were pleased both times. Gluten-free menu is great. Recommended. Still don't know what the hell a popover is, so don't let the name deter you.