“Worth repeat visits”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2014

First off, we went here 3 times. And we kept going back even though they were having problems with their air conditioning and this was mid July.

We hit this place for breakfast once, which was pretty good, if not memorable. I had the egg sandwich, she had the popover with scrambled eggs. Like I said, good but pretty standard.

The real winning trips were early evening coffee and snack visits. Iced coffees were just what we needed and their mini pies and fruit tart just can't be beat. Grab the outdoor seats if you can, very relaxing and fun to just people watch.

In short, just go already.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Great location, downtown Portsmouth. Had a popover with scrambled eggs and cheese. Good, but the eggs were
overcooked and the whole thing needed a hollandaise sauce to give it a little pizzaz. My wife had a wrap that was excellent and my daughter had yogourt with fruit and granola that has excellent.

1  Thank Skippounet
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The reason I gave the service an excellent rating; was because it was self-serve and I waited on our party. Six of us were able to find seating inside, 3 of us had the breakfast sandwich served in a Popover - yum. They are known for their popovers, so it was perfect. One Monte Cristo sandwich and 2 Turkey Paninis --- desserts looked amazing --- but at the point the line was too long to wait.
Portsmouth is a charming little town and there is plenty of shopping and browsing to do - this was perfect for us to have a quick lunch, because we had shopping to do. Great for afternoon break from shopping, for a ice tea, latte and/or bloody mary!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went here for a light lunch. The clam chowder has bacon bits in it. Can't go wrong with bacon.
It was served with none other than a fresh popover. When we go back to Portsmouth we will go to Popovers again.
They serve sandwiches and soups and they have all kinds of specialty desserts.
A must stop by.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The Manu has a vast array of delights to chose from whether you want healthy, or just a pastry.
You place your order then are given a buzzer and self seat. Food doesn't take very long and it is nicely presented. I had one of the lunch specials. Half salad and half sandwich. I had a turkey panini and pear Gorgonzola salad. Perfect portions and you also get a popover which is a buttery flakey wonderful mouthwatering delight. It's king of like a croissant but better!
I like the restaurant because it can accommodate every diet, vegan, gluten free, etc. will definitely revisit