“Great location with Good food and pleasant staff”

Popovers On The Square
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We go in to Popovers whenever visiting Portsmouth - their baked goods are fabulous, especially the key lime tarts and carrot cake - Matt, the Manager, is always friendly and salads are always fresh - also visited their new location in Epping which is larger and beautifully decorated. Although it doesn't have the 'New England Square" location, it does have the same fresh ingredients and friendly staff.

1  Thank Jackie R

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If your looking for a light sweet treat then Popovers homemade popover is it.
Most of the restaurants serve great food but this place is a nice spot for desert or just a afternoon coffee or tea. With their indoor seating or seasonal outdoor seating I recommend this spot!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food is excellent. In good weather the tables outside give you a chance to look around and people watch, which I enjoy.
The staff here are very friendly and helpful.
Only thing I do not like is that in the outside dining area dogs are permitted. That is fine. But I believe that half of the outside area be dog friendly an the other dog free.
Actually it is not the dogs that are at fault it is the owners. I did not appreciate eating my lunch and having a dog licking my leg and the owner saying. "You are so lucky, she must love you"
Anyways hope the policy changes next year.

1  Thank DLC1943
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We visited the New England area with our two kids (ages 10 and 13) in October. Popovers was recommended and so we stopped for a quick snack as we toured Portsmouth. We loved it! The kids had a delicious cup of hot chocolate (homemade!), pastries and clam chowder, While on our trip, we tried chowder in 4 different states and my son says this was his very favorite of all of them. Give it a try!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Great popovers, desserts, light meals, brunch, espressos and more. Fantastic location in downtown Portsmouth. Friendly staff and wonderful atmosphere. Our favorite in Portsmouth.