“A must stop!”

Breaking New Grounds
Ranked #1 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been coming here for well over 10 yrs. Great atmosphere, staff always welcoming and great coffee, chai (there own), and food too.
Definitely a must stop!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Title says it all! Best in the summer when you can sit outside and enjoy the sun with a nice coffee drink.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I thought this place was pretty good. I went with a friend while exploring downtown Portsmouth. The prices were a little high, and the line was longer than I would normally stand in but they seemed to get through the mass of customers pretty quickly. My bagel was ... well, a normal bagel. Nothing too exciting and they didn't have any truly unique flavors. My iced coconut coffee was tasty. I thought the prices on the art hanging around the cafe were hilarious and so over priced (no offense to the artist, but wow...). It was pretty crowded and they had plenty of seating. Next time, I think I'd take my coffee and sit outside for a bit.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Sitting outside at BNG with a coconut cream iced coffee on sunny day in Portsmouth is the quintessential New England experience. Listen to the church bells chime. People watch. Enjoy the views of downtown. This is THE place to be!
We love the BNG is Durham too!

1  Thank IndianaOnTheGo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Outshines Starbucks! Unique and delish! Better Latte than never!
Great people watching spot outside in the midst of Market Street. Bikers, dogs, ecclectic folks.