TripAdvisor
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience PortCity Bike Tours
from $46.00
More Info
All reviews island tour port city new castle great ride easy ride explore portsmouth mile trip great guide wonderful tour beautiful scenery surrounding islands historic hotel in great shape perfect introduction local sites highly recommend this tour historical facts
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect activity for our family of four. We have a 14-year-old and a 17-year-old who do light bike riding at home. This day trip was a guided tour and was perfectly paced for us. Our tour guide, Dawn, was very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. We enjoyed the entire experience! We did the Island Tour and learned so much about the area while seeing beautiful scenery. PortCity Bike Tour is well worth the time and money. Don’t miss it!

Date of experience: August 2018
PortCityBikeTours, Owner at PortCity Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for joining us on the Island Bike Tour. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the bike tour with Dawn. We are very grateful for business and are glad that you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We decided to stop at Portsmouth during our New England road trip, had 3 girls (10, 12 and 14) and we all loved it.We have fun, and had a fabulous time with our guide Beth. She is very knowledgeable and friendly.Strongly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for joining us on the Island Bike Tour and the recommendation! We are grateful for your time and business and are happy that you enjoyed your tour with Beth.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We highly recommend the trip to anyone. I had not been on a bike in several years, so I did start riding before the 20 + mile trip and built up to 5 miles a day for 2 weeks before the trip. My daughter and I lucked out and it was just the two of us and the guide on the trip. Our guide was fantastic, she took the trip at our pace and we learned so much about the area that my daughter recently moved to. It was a wonderful morning/afternoon and an excellent way to see the area.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
PortCityBikeTours, Owner at PortCity Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Hello. Thank you for the great review and recommendation. We are happy and grateful that you enjoyed your Island Bike Tour, the tour guide, pace and history. Thank you for supporting our business. Come back and see us!

Reviewed August 19, 2018

We had a great trip and it was exactly as I had hoped. We did the 2 hour Island tour. I was a bit worried about driving on the roads with cars (I work in a trauma center and am probably unreasonably paranoid). This is a risk, of course, but we were offered reflective vests if we wanted and for the most part the roads are fairly deserted. There are a few spots with traffic a bit much for my taste but we saw many bikes in those areas, other than us. I'm sure this is a "me" issue, more than a tour issue. I really wanted to do the 3-4 hour tour but was concerned about a sore butt since I never ride a bike. :) The bikes are comfortable, easy to operate and manage the gear changes. After 2 hours, we still had sore butts a little but very worth it. Overall, just the right amount of riding, historical information, perfect weather and perfect day. We would definitely go again, and I hope to toughen up and do the 4 hr. :)

Date of experience: August 2018

Hello. Thank you for the nice and comprehensive review☺We strive to make the best possible experience for our riders. We are happy and grateful that you enjoyed the Island Bike Tour and thank you for supporting our business.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Took the 2-hour Island Tour with my son. Very well organized land the tour guides are friendly, accommodating & make it a point for their guests to have a great experience. Highly recommend it!!

Date of experience: August 2018

Hello. Thank you for the great review. We are happy and grateful that you enjoyed your Island Bike Tour. Thank you for supporting our business.