“Another very good restaurant in Portsmouth”
Review of Rudi's Portsmouth

Rudi's Portsmouth
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudi's Portsmouth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Congress Street
Description: Ease your way in to a bright and brassy Sunday afternoon or moody weeknight when Rudi's charismatic atmosphere boasts an eclectic mix of downtown charm and uptown polish. Sample the freshest of local farms and Seaport bounties featuring a wide array of traditional dishes with signature twists.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pros; Good food, excellent service; spacious seating; good location;
Cons: Food may be over-prepared for some tastes; portions are large; street a little hard to find so use second entrance on Congress St (main drag) through the hipster bar to tables

2  Thank mclpcm

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The restaurant is nicely decorated but sound seems to bounce off walls and the acoustics were further complicated by a live jazz group playing in the background. I found it distracting. Some people may love it but it is not my taste.
Great wine list but appetizers were average. The chef redeemed himself with 2 great main courses 1) rack of lamb and 2) wild mushroom risotto with salmon. Both dishes were expertly done and finished. Desserts were also excellent and our server was very good. My wife had a crème brulee and I had the special dessert which I cannot begin to describe but it was good.
A bit pricey but worth the trip. This is one of the few restaurants in Portsmouth with its own parking lot. If that is filled a muni garage is about 30 feet away.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ate at Rudi's last Friday night... I had the lamb and wasn't sure if I even liked lamb but took the chance. Our waiter, Dave advised me on how to have it cooked and it was fabulous. He also recommended a great drink called the Gin Garden... a wondering twist on a mojito (my interpretation!) For an appetizer, we both got chowder and while it wasn't as creamy as I prefer, it was unique and tasty... I am big New England Clam Chowder person and like it creamy and full of clams and potatoes.

The most interesting part of the evening was the chocolate butter. It was delicious with the warm bread basket. I am a huge fan of warm bread because I like my butter melty!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were there 2 small children and we enjoyed excellent and fine meals as well as live jazz. I would definitively recommend.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

On our way back from NH to MA we used Trip Advisor to find a great restaurant for lunch. FOUND IT!

Portsmouth NH is a nice seaside town with tons of options. Rudi's was great - and we are critical as diners.

I had the mushroom melt sandwich - 3 types of mushrooms and a great side salad. I'm not a vegetarian, but I could live on this sandwich. Started off with a tomato bisque - very nice.

As easy to find as any place in the area. Don't miss it.

Great service as well.