“It was with great anticipation”
Review of Cure

Cure
Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

It was with great anticipation that we made a reservation here. The reviews were almost all excellent. Sad to say, our experience was not so good.
Arrived on time almost empty with a few couples seated. Ordered a beer ... wife a rose’. Ordered the Duck confit and all was absolutely terrific!
Wife ordered the Scottish Salmon which was fine.... small portion.
I ordered a Cabernet with my Ribeye.
This had to be the worst cut of meat for
$36.00 !! Sent it back because it was way too rare for my liking.... came back 10 minutes later a little more cooked with cold vegetables now. Very chewy and no flavor. Seems to me something is missing with customer attention. Waitress didn’t seem to care about my meal at all.. didn’t come back to ask if everything was alright.
This experience CURED me from going back!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (258)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Went for an early Birthday dinner on Saturday. Although the restaurant was newly full, our service was excellent and wait time was perfectly synced with our finishing drink/apps/main course.

We had the French Onion soup and it was outstanding!

Lamb and Ribeye were also delicious and cooked as we ordered.

Our server, Kate, was both knowledgeable and charming and her mother should be proud.

We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Great dinner
All 3 courses were excellent
Lobster bisque and Short ribs in particular were fantastic
Service was friendly and professional

Reviewed January 9, 2020

It was a total experience, food ,staff ,atmosphere. We will recommend it and return. Wine list and menu options are great.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We received a gift certificate for Cure, visiting on a weekday night, when things weren’t as hectic as the weekend.
Our waitress was very personable, and when questioned about substitutions on menu items, she responded that the chef was very accommodating to requests.
My dining companion opted for the pot roast, while I ordered the apple cider glazed pork chop. My request for carrots in lieu of Brussels sprouts was easily filled
The toasted, buttered bread basket was delicious, as was the French onion soup ordered by my dining companion
Our entrees were very well prepared and presented, and I found the apple cornbread stuffing on my plate to be almost desert like in its taste and texture, very tasty
The restaurant is worthy of its popularity, it is very well thought menu items presented well by talented servers.