Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
  • Breakfast included
$169
AscendHotels
$140
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$101
$109
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$194
$180
Hampton.com
$159
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$182
All reviewsfull kitchenfire pitfree shuttleshuttle servicemarket basketquiet locationliving roomcomplimentary breakfasta great place to stayrooms are spacioushome away from homenew hampshireking suitewafflesclose to downtowneasy accessindoor pool
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The staff is wonderful, nice and very helpfull. The location is great and I found very smart to propose a shuttle to link with the city as the hotel is few miles away from downtown. We didn't use it as we had no problem to park in the center of Portsmouth because of the low season but I'm sure it is very helpfull for high season ! The rooms and bedrooms are spotless and the hotel is very quiet. The breakfast has a lot to offer. I had such a great time in this hotel. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Lorraine,

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that we've earned your 5-star recommendation to the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll make us your home away from home in Portsmouth.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Such a nice place for a family!. Don't forget to bring a basketball, because they have a nice court, and the pool was fun too. Everyone was very nice and the room was clean and spacious--all the amenites provided in the kitchen too. Rate was great and we plan to go again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Courtney,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that all of your needs were accommodated. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting your next visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice hotel - however there is currently construction going on in the lobby. Good value for the price. I don't have anything else to add but this area requires at least 200 characters so I am also typing this sentence. I still didn't get to 200 characters so I am also adding this sentence.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when it first opened. It was really nice as I usually like Homewood Suites. Am planning this year's trip and realized this is not a non smoking hotel. I thought it was when I stayed there on a prior trip as I NEVER stay at a hotel that allows smoking since I am deathly allergic to cigarette smoke. I have showed up at other hotels with a nonsmoking reservation only to be told there is no nonsmoking rooms. I don't care what you do to a room, once a smoking room, always a smoking room. I just can't risk this happening where I know there will be no other choice during the summer in Portsmouth, NH.

Room Tip: Just a note, it was prior to May 2013 when I stayed there. The pull down menu didn't go far enough back. Just want people to realize it may not be a nonsmoking hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have stayed at many hotels, motels, and B&Bs in the Portsmouth area over the years. This was our first time at Homewood Suites. Knowing that our business would be taking us to many places nearby, we selected it because of its convenient location near the interstate. We had a king suite and everything was clean, comfortable, spacious, and as it should be. We didn't eat any breakfasts in the hotel, as our favorite breakfast spot, Cafe Espresso, is nearby. We will definitely stay here again. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers, couples, and families. If you want to be only in downtown Portsmouth, there are better options, but if convenience, comfort, and ease of moving around the area are priorities, this hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience. We're pleased to hear that our convenient location and comfortable and spacious accommodations have earned us your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your feedback and hope to host your next visit to lovely Portsmouth.