“New Hampshire Gem”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight business trip. The staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I felt like they really cared about making sure every guest was 100% happy. The food at the manager's reception in the evening was great and tremendously welcoming particularly after a long, hard travel day including driving through a snowstorm. I felt like I was welcomed home. Everything about the room was excellent as was the price. I often stay at Homestead properties because each suite also has a full kitchen. This Homestead hotel was among the best I've visited.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had not previously stayed at a Homewood Suites. A really nice room. And yes, it did make me feel as at home as possible. Check In Staff were polite, professional and accomodating. Room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style, but delivered as expected. Close to downtown Portsmouth, but off the beaten path so the area around the hotel is quiet. Free shuttle to downtown if you want to go to a particular restaurant and enjoy. Overall I had a comfortable stay and slept well.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked a girls getaway for 8 and this was perfect..The suites have full kitchens - and most importantly, the freezer had an ice maker...we were able to all hang out in one suite for appetizers and drinks (for sleeping we rented 2 suites). Barry was our go-to guy - he provided us with shuttle service wherever we wanted and was so helpful. It was really nice to have rides everywhere so we didnt have to worry about drinking, parking, etc.

The only thing is the long hallways with the rug kindof reminiscent of The Overlook Hotel in the Shining...but..if you look up when you walk..no problem : D

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here one night while visiting the area. Nice, clean room. Well maintained property. Very helpful staff. Desk recommended the Library Restaurant - a very good recommendation and we took the hotel shuttle to/from the restaurant. It's a little out of downtown and we probably wouldn't have found it without the recommendation.

Nice, full breakfast the next day before heading out. Only drawback (if it is one) is that the hotel is remote from anything else. But that can also be nice many times.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stay up in this area quite often. I finally found a good hotel that is centrally located to my business purposes. Staff friendly, free hot breakfast and dinner available. most excellent. The area was quiet but accessible to shopping and restaurants. Only about 10 minutes from Kittery outlets. I found the room easy to do my office work in as well as to relax. I like having a kitchen especially a refrigerator. Coffee maker is NOT one of those single serving ones so I could bring coffee in. The hotel pantry was well stocked. Overall, everything I needed.

1  Thank NelleM_12
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here while visiting our son for the holidays. I picked the hotel because of the comfortable suite rooms which we thought would be nice for our long weekend. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well after several days of traveling and very little sleep. The hotel seemed well maintained and the staff helpful. The location was convenient enough to everything to make free parking a definite bonus, since all downtown hotels had paid parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dewdropinn
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was our first stay at the Homewood Suites and we enjoyed it so much we booked in the following night in Wilmington, Delaware. The room was spacious. Front desk staff was very welcoming. We were happy to enjoy the dinner they provided. It wasn't fancy, but the salad bar was very fresh and the lasagne was fine too. It was nice after driving all day, not to have to look for a place to eat dinner, and it more than satisfied our needs.

Breakfast the next morning was perfect. Excellent Greek yogurt, fruit and scrambled eggs kept us full until lunch.

We would definitely recommend the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple