“Excellent Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Maynard, Massachusetts
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My Husband and I were in Portsmouth a few weeks ago and had dinner at the Green Monkey. The food was amazing. We started with the Roasted Beet Salad which might be one of the best beet salads I've had and I've had a lot of them as I am a big beet fan. We then shared the Monkey Burger and Pomegranate Braised Short Rib for our entrees. The burger was juicy and flavorful accompanied by perfectly salted and crispy shoe string fries. The Braised Short rib was served with creamy polenta, roasted yams and sauteed kale. The combination was great, and the short rib was melt in you mouth tender, the yams were crispy on the outside yet creamy on the inside and the polenta was creamy and flavorful. Our server was friendly and very attentitive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited December 2012
Deb W, Owner at Green Monkey, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi Danielle,
Thank you for the great review, Amazing is a word I never get tired of hearing. I have extended your review to my staff and they thank you. We look forward to seeing you and your husband again and showing you some new items weve placed on the menu. Enjoy the day.
Deb :-)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative,well executed food served in a welcoming ,efficient dining room. A home run!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I took our dear friend out to dinner to the green monkey after reading a lot of wonderful reviews. We are foodies and are often disappointed with the " over the top" reviews some restaurants get.Not so with the Green Monkey. The praise was well deserved. The food was inventive and delicious. The beef cheeks and scallop appetizer was amazing. The pistachio/dark chocolate homemade ice cream was fabulous. We will definitely be back. Jcardi55, Jan.5th,2013

Deb W, Owner at Green Monkey, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Boomnbud
Yeah and Thank you, your review made me smile from ear to ear . The experience you had at The Green Monkey is exactly what we work for. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know and I am looking forward to seeing you next time your in town.
Deb :-)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Atmospshere, The Floor was dirty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great food and I enjoyed the martini, but i was disappointed in the upkeep of cleanliness...Too many cleaner restaurants in Portsmouth to visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Deb W, Manager at Green Monkey, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Jcanney,
Thanks for the review, glad to hear that you thought the Green Monkey had GREAT FOOD and you ENJOYED the martini. I am saddened to hear you thought the floor was dirty. I will be forwarding your review to our cleaning professionals and make them aware of your thoughts. Myself and my staff pride ourself on quality , atmosphere and consistency. Your review helps us maintain those qualities. Thanks Deb
Alabama
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in Portsmouth, after it being highly recommended by the front desk at the Ale House Inn. We were very pleased with the food and service both times and would be glad to go back.

Visited December 2012
Deb W, Owner at Green Monkey, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hi Lawbooks

Thank you so much for the nice review, I appreciate it very much. I have also extended a Thank You to the Ale House Inn staff and I look forward to you dining with us next time you are in town. Deb :-)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The owner is always on hand and greets new customers and old friends alike. Food is excellent. You have to try if visiting Portsmouth

Visited August 2012
Deb W, Owner at Green Monkey, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to let viewers know about The Green Monkey and that they should give us a try. It is much appreciated. Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing you again. Deb :-)