“Don't try this at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hibachi Japanese Steak House - CLOSED

Hibachi Japanese Steak House
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't try this at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

The sign read those words!
We were visiting a nearby vacation spot and drove by this place over and over again. We kept planning to check it out but didn't end up there till about 9:45pm and it was closing at 10. The host waved us in, but i felt terrible keeping them open late. Luckily another party arrived a minute before us, and sat around the grill with us.
We had an excellent scorpion bowl and ordered something we hoped wouldn't be too much trouble to make so late. Well the hibachi chef came out from the back, and put on a full show! We all had so much fun... this guy had a great personality. The food was excellent, the service was excellent.... and in our time out there in Portsmouth, we heard so much good about it.

NH
“Clean, friendly and good food and enjoyable show by the cooks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was surprized by a couple of the bad reviews so I decided to write a few lines. I have been to Habachi's 3 times. My son who's 15 really wanted to go for his birthday. On Friday or Saturdays there is usually a wait. We just went on a Sunday night and it was probably 3/4 full. The cook was very enjoyable and very good with his tricks and use of fire, food was excellent, we had a little bit of everything (filet mignon, lobster, shrimp, chicken, scallops, fried rice). The four of us had plenty to eat. The couple we sat next to mentioned that the sushi they had was excellent.

Columbus
“DON'T GO THERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

The atmosphere feels like a seedy restaurant on the bad side of town. When the cook starts cooking everything seemed okay until we get to the meat portion. I ordered chicken and it was not cooked all the way through. Pieces of it were pink in the center. I told the waitress (who spoke little to no English) and she says "we will let the cook know so it won't happen again" and apologizes. She comes back out and I tell her that I don't won't the food and she tells me that "the cook is cooking you more chicken". Keep in mind that the chicken has touched all of my rice and vegetables and possibly contaminated it. I tell her again that I don’t won’t the food not 5 minutes later she brings the check out and the full cost of the meal is on it. I explained to her that I am not going to pay for something that I didn’t eat. So the manager comes over (who also speaks little English) and he YELLS at me that the chicken was the only portion not done and $14.95 includes the appetizer, vegetables, salad, and soup so I responsible for part of the meal. By this time I am so tired I tell him that I will pay for the rice (because I took two bites) and the salad/soup. He brings over the menu throws it on the table and to show me the price. I tell him to go and add up the cost so I can pay and leave. I ended up paying $10 for food that I didn’t eat and didn’t take home in a to-go box. DO NOT GO THERE!

Durham, New Hampshire
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

Dirty, smelly, rude bartender. We had a reservation for 7:00 and finally left after 45 minutes of waiting around.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best tepanyaki restaurant around! The fried rice is the best I've ever had. The drinks are great and the sushi is...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

Best tepanyaki restaurant around! The fried rice is the best I've ever had. The drinks are great and the sushi is great! Atmosphere is fun.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook