“Clean, friendly and good food and enjoyable show by the cooks.”
Review of Hibachi Japanese Steak House - CLOSED

Hibachi Japanese Steak House
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NH
“Clean, friendly and good food and enjoyable show by the cooks.”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was surprized by a couple of the bad reviews so I decided to write a few lines. I have been to Habachi's 3 times. My son who's 15 really wanted to go for his birthday. On Friday or Saturdays there is usually a wait. We just went on a Sunday night and it was probably 3/4 full. The cook was very enjoyable and very good with his tricks and use of fire, food was excellent, we had a little bit of everything (filet mignon, lobster, shrimp, chicken, scallops, fried rice). The four of us had plenty to eat. The couple we sat next to mentioned that the sushi they had was excellent.

Columbus
“DON'T GO THERE!”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

The atmosphere feels like a seedy restaurant on the bad side of town. When the cook starts cooking everything seemed okay until we get to the meat portion. I ordered chicken and it was not cooked all the way through. Pieces of it were pink in the center. I told the waitress (who spoke little to no English) and she says "we will let the cook know so it won't happen again" and apologizes. She comes back out and I tell her that I don't won't the food and she tells me that "the cook is cooking you more chicken". Keep in mind that the chicken has touched all of my rice and vegetables and possibly contaminated it. I tell her again that I don’t won’t the food not 5 minutes later she brings the check out and the full cost of the meal is on it. I explained to her that I am not going to pay for something that I didn’t eat. So the manager comes over (who also speaks little English) and he YELLS at me that the chicken was the only portion not done and $14.95 includes the appetizer, vegetables, salad, and soup so I responsible for part of the meal. By this time I am so tired I tell him that I will pay for the rice (because I took two bites) and the salad/soup. He brings over the menu throws it on the table and to show me the price. I tell him to go and add up the cost so I can pay and leave. I ended up paying $10 for food that I didn’t eat and didn’t take home in a to-go box. DO NOT GO THERE!

Durham, New Hampshire
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Dirty, smelly, rude bartender. We had a reservation for 7:00 and finally left after 45 minutes of waiting around.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best tepanyaki restaurant around! The fried rice is the best I've ever had. The drinks are great and the sushi is...”
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Best tepanyaki restaurant around! The fried rice is the best I've ever had. The drinks are great and the sushi is great! Atmosphere is fun.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New Hampshire
“Nice! Surprising.”
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Went for lunch.
The exterior is not much to look at; inside seemed clean and maintained.
Got there a little after 11:00 AM. Nobody else in the place. A red flag went up--When a place is deserted, it's usually for a reason. By the time we got situated and placed our order in (close to 11:45), the place was almost full. I put my red flag away.
The food was fresh and very good, good selection of meat vegetables and sauces. I went with a big crowd, most of us got the steak; I asked for the filet. Tender and tasty, one of the best. Lots of different selections, some opted for the sushi, which was pronounced 'very good' by my dining companions.
I would definitely recommended. Great entertainment with the Japanese steak flair (twirling knives, etc.) and good service; take your friends and family.