“Some things are good, others not so much”
Review of Fat Belly's

Fat Belly's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fat Belly's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market St.
Description: Fat Belly's is located in the heart of Historic Downtown Portsmouth. We feature two floors, with two unique atmosphere's. The Upstairs Lounge is a contemporary cocktail lounge featuring New Hampshire's only Ice Bar. Downstairs is a casual dining atmosphere with bar. Our menu is served to patrons on both floors. The Grill features the best burger in town, sweet potato fries, and other delicious American food.
Saco, Maine
“Some things are good, others not so much”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Don't go here if you are looking for good service. My husband and I have been a few times mainly for an appetizer and a beer. They have a decent selection of draught beers. Our most recent visit we were greeted per usual by a less than enthusiastic hostess. There were 4 open tables, 3 of them 4 tops and one table for 2. We were sat at the table for 2 and the waitress hit my chair twice as I was taking my coat off trying to get out of the way so we asked to move. Definitely felt like we were putting them out, the restaurant continued to empty so wasn't an issue of not enough open tables. Then we asked if there was a beer list, she stated no because they just updated them but if we tell her what we want, she'd let us know if they had it??????? Seriously! So I asked for seasonal options and she mentioned Sam Winter so I had it. My husband asked for reds and she served him a very hoppy ale. We went there because we wanted wings and they are good, offering grilled options but as always it was nothing outstanding. The bathrooms are dirty and the restaurant as a whole isn't all that clean.

• Visited November 2013

McMurray, Pennsylvania
“Great Strip Steak!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We actually chose this grill based on reviews from Trip Advisor and we are we glad we did. The food is excellent, I had the organic grass-fed beef burger and my friend ordered the strip steak. The burger was simple, fresh and one of the best tasting and juiciest that i've every had. The strip steak was huge and cooked to perfection, I tasted the steak and it to was one of the best I've ever had to include steaks I've had in high end steak houses. The staff was very friendly and attentive, if you're looking for great food in a casual, welcoming atmosphere this is the place among many great eateries in Portsmouth.

• Visited November 2013
“Good food at fair prices”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Walked along and looked at some of the menus for places in the area and decided to get something a little cheaper, so chose to go here. The service was all right but the food more than made up for it. Portion size was good and we had to take half of our sandwich home. I would have given it five stars except for one thing - they advertise to try a shot of vanilla in the Shipyard Pumpkin Ale, so I ordered that. I took a sip and didn't like it so told the waitress that I really didn't like it and asked if I could have a plain one instead. She said that was fine and brought one without the shot in it - but when we got the check the other beer was still on there, and a $3.00 charge for the shot of vanilla. We thought it would be taken off since we sent it back, but she said she couldn't do that. Aside from that, the food really hit the spot, and we would go back again, but not order anything we were unsure of.

Visited October 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Real food here not frozen and warmed over.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had sandwiches here. A chicken breast and a pastrami on marble rye. It's a bar so we thought the food would be so so. It was full of customers so we thought they were there for the drinks and game. Then we noticed the kids. Every one was there to eat. When we were served our sandwiches we were pleasantly surprised that the French fries were unfrozen real potatoes cut thin and fried. The chicken breast was a real chicken breast grilled...not frozen and heated. Pastrami was delicious and was full of flavor. While eating we noticed other patrons eating gigantic hamburgers that looked delicious and real homemade macaroni and cheese. If I lived closer I would eat here frequently just because it is REAL food and it tastes great.

• Visited October 2013
Bavaria, Germany
“If you're looking for fried, fat, glorious food, it's here.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We love Fat Belly's. They are so kind to us when we bring our daughter, a toddler, who makes a mess we can hardly attempt to properly clean. BUt! The best part, of course, is the food. The burgers are AWESOME. The fries are SO good. The sweet potato fries, if you're into that kind of thing, are really pretty good. Onion rings? YES. Go! The bar setting is the only trade-off but the food is absolutely worth it.

Visited October 2013