“What a local prize!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Hanover, New Hampshire
“What a local prize!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Forget about Friendly Toast- you want a great variety of breakfasts available at an affordable price, immediate inside seating with maybe 10 tables for the two of us,(a Friday morning at 8:30) and we saw nobody waiting during our hour there), served by at least two different friendly staffers- this is the place. We walked over from the nearby Ale House Inn, first time we've been at Colby's, and we're set for future visits from Hanover,NH. I had the scrambled egg spec of broc, provolone, tomato I believe, wife had terrific cinnamon-swirled French toast and loved it (her favorite bkfst). You really must go.

1 Thank brstefany

Brattleboro, Vermont
“Plan B for the win!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sunday morning in Portsmouth and Friendly Toast was jammed with a 30+ minute wait. We moseyed in the other direction and found Colby's on the recommendation of a local family we met on the street. After a somewhat shorter wait we were seated and quickly served a delicious, affordable brunch. Service was quick and accurate - not too chummy or talkative - but very efficient. The boy had a chocolate chip pancake as big as his head and a friend egg. He met the challenge and ate 2/3 of the huge disc!

I had the Irish dish - corned beef and poached eggs over an english muffin with hollandaise sauce...YUM. Coffee was strong and refilled freely. An extra binus was the carafe in the waiting area to have a cuppa while waiting - a nice touch.

A great spot for breakfast and lunch - we will keep it on the list for our next visit.

Visited July 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Peaceful atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

A cute little restaurant that has a peaceful atmosphere. We went here for brunch and had their sandwich and soup combo. I had their tuna, which wasn't too bad but my partner had their reuben and that was tasty. I wish I had tried their breakfast menu as every dish that came out for other patrons looked incredible! Staff were lovely and the prices were very reasonable. Definitely would come here again.

1 Thank krispyNZ
York
“I really wanted to love this place”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went to Colby's for Breakfast and it was just OK. It is a small restaurant with some outside seating. We waiting for some time to get in which was to be expected on a holiday weekend. The waitress was a little slow in coming to our table and once our order was taken it took a significant amount of time to come out of the kitchen.

I order Cinnamon swirl French Toast which was very good, but could had more of a cinnamon pop, my wife had the special pancake which was also good, but a little heavy. The other member of our party had the Eggs Benedict. It was supposed to be Florentine, but they got the order wrong. We didn't sent it back because of the length of time it took us to get our meals. The hash with the eggs wasn't great, it was dry and had a fine chop so the texture wasn't great.

Given the reviews and the comments from the folks on the street I really want to love Colby's, but I didn't. It could have been that fact is was busy that the food wasn't as great as expected. On the plus side the portions are great, the pancakes are plate sized, and the french toast thick cut. I will probably give Colby's a second chance, but I'll wait until after tourist season is over.

• Visited July 2014
“Good Place for breakfast”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

A bit of a wait. The staff was nice. The food was good. Fluffy raspberry pancakes and very good french toast. Only got 1 egg was suposed to get two. When I asked waiter he offered to get me another egg....but I was fine...there was enough food to fill my plate. Recommended.

1 Thank Wyatt134