“Great breakfast spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Colby's was fairly busy on both (weekday) mornings I ate there. It was a perfect place to start the day, and reasonably priced, too.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I went to Colbys for breakfast on a Sunday-the wait was too long so we came back on Monday. It was still crowded but was seated promptly. Now I know why there is a wait. Very good breakfast. The place is small but has HUGE flavor. I ordered corned beef benedict and my husband had an omelet. We also ordered 1 blueberry pancake!!! The pancake was HUGE and omg soooooo good. Covered with butter and powdered sugar and filled with alot of fresh blueberries. My benedict was delicious and corned beef hash was homemade. The husband loved his omelet which came with homemade bread!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pros: Colby's is THE local breakfast favorite in a small, historical tavern-like setting. The food is frickin' DELICIOUS and the coffee is basic but plentiful. Check out the creative, daily specials, written on a blackboard over the fireplace. Friendly, efficient staff.

Cons: Business side. No web page for times/dates; Unpredictable closing times. If they are open, be prepared to wait for this small town goodness!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We overheard some people this morning talking about how amazing their breakfast at Colby's was so we decided to walk over and check it out. The setting is classic Portsmouth with a cozy dining room and a nice patio with a few tables.

We waited about 10 minutes for a table, ordered, and our food came out quickly. Portions were large and the food was great. Pancakes are awesome!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Friendly, atmosphere and good food, what more do you want for breakfast. Eggs were cooked as ordered, sausage patties properly spiced and the toasted Anadama Bread from Ceres Bakery, around the corner was outstanding.