Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
AscendHotels
Ale House Inn(Portsmouth)
$199
$109
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$194
$180
Hampton.com
$159
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$182
1,349 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskwithin walking distancebreakfast buffethotel is centrally locatedstreet parkingrestaurants and shopscookiesvalet serviceper daypool and hot tubgreat place to stayvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We traveled to Portsmouth in August of 2009 for about 3 days. We really liked the Hilton Garden Inn here and would definitely return. It was nice, quiet and we had a lovely view of the town of Portsmouth and of the river. It is very convenient to all the shops and restaurants in Portsmouth but it is not on a busy street, so you can have quiet when you want it. I believe the hotel is a conversion; the building is a solid brick rather grand structure and the inside lobby is lovely with high ceilings and great light. We only gave the hotel four stars because of the disappointing restaurant. While the food is acceptable for breakfast the other meals are not very good. The dining room is lovely and the staff is nice; let's hope the cooking improves.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night and I had booked a Romance Package with a 2-room suite. When we arrived the champagne was waiting and I was positively surprised by the spacious suite! The staff was very friendly.
The hotel is in the center of Portsmouth, so everything is within 5-10 minutes walking.

The only 'negative' thing I can think of, is that the room seemed a bit outdated. It can certainly do with some refurbishing! The way the room was, it gave me a 70s-80s feeling...

But apart from that: very nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2009

My corporate office is in downtown Portsmouth and so is this fine hotel. Good people, clean and comfortable rooms and facilities. Wouldn't think you would need to pay to park, but the old city has a lot of people and despite the parking garage accross the street, not enough parking.
More resturants per capita than any city in the USA and many good ones.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed in Portsmouth for a long weekend. We prepaid for an "evolution suite" and really like the hotel, room, and location. The hotel is well appointed, clean, and had a helpful staff. There's a small indoor pool with a hot tub that we had to ourselves the whole time we were there, which was a big plus for the kids.

The room had a nice bedroom and a small sitting room with a real door seperating the two. It was stylishly decorated and clean and met our needs perfectly.

The best thing about the hotel is the location. It would be hard to be MORE centrally located. You can walk to all the downtown shops, restaurants, and bars. You are particularly close to the Portsmouth Brewing Company, which I highly recommend for drinks. We also had to leave downtown, and this hotel is just two stop lights away from I-95. That's great location.

If I had a gripe it would be on value. We paid $210 per night and had to pre-pay to get that rate, and you are forced to valet park. Portsmouth is not Boston -- so, it ought to be nice for that price. Happily, it was. Others in our group (it was a wedding) saved few dollears and stayed just outside of downtown at the Holiday and regretted their decision.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Keithcu
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Booked "2 night minimum" Friday and Saturday and got there on Friday and told we didn't have Saturday booked and there were no rooms. They got a "Food and Beverage" manager to help but she said she didn't have the authority to do anything. Senior desk clerk rude and walked away when we asked her if she would help us find another place to stay (think she moonlighted as a guard in a womens' prison). Had to turn around and drive home (another 4 hours). Tried to file a complaint with Hilton Corporate Guest Relations but it fell off the end of the earth. I canceled my hHonors membership and would sleep on the street before staying in a Hilton again. Have fun

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MikeShaf
NButcher, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

I have just read the comments regarding this particular stay with us at the HGI Portsmouth on Trip Advisor.

I must say this experience at our hotel is far from the standards we have set. We truly try to make every guest's stay with us memorable in a positive way. I am very sorry that we did not have a room available for the guest on Saturday night. I know how frustrating it would be to think I had a room for two nights and then find out it was only for one after making weekend plans.

I thank this guest very much for taking the time to share their experience. We take guest comments very seriously and will learn from them. We always welcome comments from our guests that can help us better ourselves and deliver exceptional service.

Shaun McEachern