“great atmosphere, pretty...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Library

The Library
Reserve with OpenTable
The Library is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 199 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great atmosphere, pretty...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

great atmosphere, pretty good food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Classy, upscale atmosphere coupled with top notch service. Recommended: SPINACH DIP!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
VALDOSTA, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont Bother.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

The dinner was not what we expected, nothing special by a long shot (I have traveled and eaten well in my years). The price of the food DID NOT match up with the quality, and the atmosphere was stuffy and uncomfortable, I was afraid to laugh in there without offending someone.
The company I work for once had our Holiday Party there, everyone left that night very disappointed, it was by far the worst place we have had our Holiday Party (we go somewhere different every year.)
Do yourself a favor, stay away from the Library Restaurant. Your money could be well spent anywhere else in Portsmouth, NH.

1 Thank BOBGMAN
Dover, NH
“Disappointing Service in the Bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

I visited for the first time recently on a Friday night around 6:30 with a friend from work- we decided to sit in the bar area and order dinner there. We both had a cosmo- delicious- and then ordered dinner- She ordered a crabcake appetizer- and I had shrimp cocktail, both very good. For dinner my friend got the baked stuffed haddock, and I ordered an 8OZ filet with a side of asparagus. I ordered the filet cooked medium, and it arrived well done- (when all you get for $25 dollars is a steak in the middle of a big plate, you expect for it to be cooked correctly). After flagging down the wait staff and letting them know it was overcooked , this is where the service becomes disappointing- over cooked steaks happen, but it took at LEAST 20 minutes to get the new one- and the waiter seemed "put-off". By the time it came out, my friend was done with her meal and the asparagus I had ordered was cold. They did give me a free glass of wine which was nice, but again, I was made to feel as though I was being "difficult" when I made mention of the the fact that it was my first visit and was a little disapointing. I would visit again, but perhaps sit in the dining room as the food was good once it arrived, and perhaps the service there would be better. I would however encourage the management to consider implementing some customer service training. At those prices, the lack of gracious attentiveness and attention to detail is not what I would hope for. Dinner for two and 2 drinks each $140- Pricey considering the service-

1 Thank pamelaxnc
Dover, NH
“Disappointing Service in the Bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008