“live music”

Blue Mermaid Island Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Mermaid Island Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Jamaican, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“live music”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

small location, friendly staff with live music, kind of off the beaten path but worth a stop, night we went there was small cover that went directly to the band.

Visited March 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“Wonderful lunch spot”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friends and I stopped here for lunch and I definitely would go back again. Service was prompt and attentive and the three of us all enjoyed our lunches. Their homemade sweet potato chips were worth the trip alone. We had a blackened cod fish sandwich, BBQ pork burrito and a Burger. You can tell their ingredients are fresh. The place is warm/welcoming and comfortable, located in an old house, would definitely recommend for anyone!

• Visited March 2013
Temple, New Hampshire
“Gets better & better!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

As usual, Blue Mermaid did not disappoint. The food was creative and flavorful, as were the cocktails. There are many great places to eat in Portsmouth, and we seriously considered a couple of others but knew we could depend on Blue Mermaid. We had a shrimp special and a scallop entre-- both were delicious and beautifully presented!

• Visited March 2013
AR
“Interesting menu”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

There was a little bit of everything on the menu. I enjoyed the scallops...big and juicy. The only salad dressing was the house vinaigrette but it was good. Complimentary chips and salsa hit the spot before dinner. I heard other people raving about their meals.

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best homemade Ginger Vodka”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant was once visited by Rachel Ray herself. I thought, if she has heard about this place, then it must be good. So, I wnet in for a celebration night cap drink with my hubby. I asked the bartender what is the house special drink. She recommended the "Ginger Snap." For a cold winter day at the end of January, sounded really good to me. She explained that they make their own Ginger Vodka in house. She was right!! That drink was made with fresh ingredients not from a can or already imitated ginger syrup....no - just the opposite.....it was fresh ginger, made with organic sugars and the vodka ginger....Hello new found love!! The caribbean feel of the place, takes it to another level with the food prepared. I was really impressed with this hidden gem and will go back on my next visit to Portsmouth at the end of March 2013.

Visited February 2013